Progressive Nation '08- Boston Questions

In Aeternum

Dec 21, 2007
MA
So I'm looking to buy my tickets for Progressive Nation '08 at the Orpheum in Boston, but I was wondering if anyone is familiar with the venue and its practices, and can fill me in here.

Does the Orpheum have its own box office on location? I looked around on the internet, and it appears that it does. However, I then tried to call a phone number provided on one of the sites to no avail.

If there is a box office, does that mean I only have to pay the $35 for tickets, with no fees (Ticketmaster adds like $10/ticket I believe)? I live right on the Red Line, so stopping in to pick up the tickets wouldn't be a problem for me. I'm just hoping they're not almost sold out- according to Ticketmaster there are some balcony seats left; I should hurry and buy them this week though.

Thanks.

P.S. If this doesn't warrant its own thread, feel free to move it into some other thread.

There will most likely still be some fees involved, I dunno how it works exactly. Ticketmaster generally charges you 3-4 seperate bonus fees, chances are the box office will still charge a couple of them.

Oh shit only balcony seats left? Fuck...Im going away tomorrow; hope there's some when I get back.

Yeah there's a box office. You gotta make sure you check their hours though, they aren't open all the time. And you won't pay the ticketmaster convenience charge if you go in, but I do think you pay like a 2 or 3 dollar facility charge per ticket or something (which is what you would pay on top of a convenience charge if you bought them online). Anyway, thats how I try to buy all my tickets at any venue because the ticketmaster convenience charge is absolute bullshit. Good luck

Yeah, I just caved into the evil Ticketmaster fees because the Orpheum box office seems pretty unreliable (couldn't get a phone number or find an official website).

Anyway, I just bought my tickets for the show... all the way up in Row X of the balcony.

This is my first time seeing Opeth live though, obviously I'm pumped.:headbang: 3 and Dream Theater are pretty good as well; haven't listened to much BTBAM.

Yeah, I just caved into the evil Ticketmaster fees because the Orpheum box office seems pretty unreliable (couldn't get a phone number or find an official website).

Anyway, I just bought my tickets for the show... all the way up in Row X of the balcony.

This is my first time seeing Opeth live though, obviously I'm pumped.:headbang: 3 and Dream Theater are pretty good as well; haven't listened to much BTBAM.

definitely check out BTBAM before hitting this show, they fucking rule. I'm....much closer to the stage than you are, but fuck it you'll be there! My first time seeing Opeth live too

Ticketmaster raped me up the ass with all their BS fees.

Charge Summary Item Charge Progressive Nation 2008
Full price US $46.50 x 1 Facility Charge US $2.00 x 1 Convenience Charge US $10.00 x 1 Delivery (Standard Mail) No Charge Order Processing Fee US $5.15

Total Charges US $63.65

And that's only for one ticket

yep happened to me. lesson being dont order from ticket master. i ordered 2 tickets and they added £10 extra for admin fees and delivery charges.

edit: oh yeah, on each ticket lmao even though i ordered it at the same time.

lol@~ admin fees, more like commission fees good god.

I'm guessing there's not much chance of tickets being available at the door for this show. And Boston is too far away for me to go there to get the tickets.

I hate TicketMaster with a passion.