Projects In The Jungle

TRrEiTxIxRiE DTrash

New Metal Member
Apr 14, 2001
This is possibly my fave Pantera album now! It's come up and passed Power Metal and Cowboys From Hell for me!

Ok the production isn't great... but the songs.... :D Every single track is awesome except Dime's Blue Light Turning Red solo which sounds a bit dodgy, and their cover of "Killers" isn't great either. "All Over Tonight" is my new favourite Pantera song and I love the ballads "In Over My Head" and "Takin' My Life"! The keyboards are sooooo goood on them. And the guitar harmony before the last chorus of Like Fire rules!!!

The singer sounds like High N Dry era Joe Elliot at times I think :)

An original???

I know mp3s are going around of it, but the only mp3s you can get as far as I know are ripped from vinyl (you can hear the scratches and a skip in Heavy Metal Rules).

So I'm guessing it was only released on vinyl. Also because its a 1984 album, CDs didn't happen until 1985 (and didn't really take over from vinyl and tape until at least the late '80s) and I very much doubt Pantera would've bothered getting it pressed on CD later on as it was only released by themselves, not through a label.

I heard pantera was embarrassed about its glam past and made sure no more copies were made.