promotion by advertising or video clip???

mrthrax

riffer madness
Feb 17, 2002
australia
Visit site
ive read interviews in the past with anthrax records and the amount of mnoney they have spent on videos,i think it would be much better for the band to spend the money on some serious advertising.

i think it would be alot better for the band if they invested a little of there own money to make sure there new album is promoted with a full page in every music mag possible than spending 100 grand or more on a vid clip that is probably never going to be played by mtv etc

Who said it has to be expensive!!!!
If you want to promote an album you got to have a video, people want to see and hear the band and then decide if they want to buy the album, thats the only way to reach new Traxters!!!!

Why don't they set up a small show on the Brooklyn Bridge or CBGB's , invite some of youre friends and fans and start taping the fuckin video, just pure live action!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah sounds cool but MsucV will never play it and that is the key. I think they gotta blitz all magazines like metal edge, metal hammer, rolling stone, and any other rag. Maybe those 15 second spots on MTV or VH1 or whatever. They had those spots for the new Bosstones album and they are on Side One Dummy records. If they can afford to do that surely Beyond can afford it. I also think a well organized and well ran Street Team could do a lot of good for getting the band out there. I remember after a Bosstones show a few years back when Sum 41 were nobody they had about 5 or 6 ppl out after the show giving out stickers and video singles. Yeah I'm sure the video singles were not cheap but you gotta spend some to make some.
Also you need to look at the investment. I have read this about the Cure once somewhere.
Say with each Cure album they sold 250,000 copies. (just a hypothetical Figure) Then say a record company spends 50 thousand bucks to push the album. In turn the album sells 280,000 copies. All that money and they increase sales by 30,000 copies. Now all these numbers are just hypothetical but you see what I am getting at. Some times bands are just in a nitch. Overkill must make a living doing what they do but I'm sure thay dont live in mansions and drive around in $400,000 sport cars. That might be Anthraxs lot in life, even though they diserve to be as big as Metallica I just dont think its gonna happen.