Providence, RI - Lupos - Feb 25th : Roll Call

MetalManCPA

Papa Opeth
May 19, 2001
Visit site
Still a little under a month away, but even for the 5th time I'm really excited about seeing Opeth. I hope they play Ghost of Perdition that night, for it's the song I'm really going (with the chance) to see.

I've never been to Lupos before, but for this show, instead of general admission tickets like I usually get at The Palladium in Worcester, MA, I purchased mezzanine seating. It's reserved, so I'll have a seat, and I have pretty much center stage in the first row of the balcony. No obstructions, and hopefully just a nice clean sightline to Opeth. I'm "dragging" my daughter and a friend of hers, and my son and his fiance. The wife was left out of this concert.

I really like the new Lupo's...it is damn nice. Not like the old one, for sure, but still nice.

But anyways, this will be my seventh time seeing them, and it will not be the last! (unless something crazy happens...then it will be...and that would suck...because you know...it is a good live show...but if nothing crazy happens...then everything in these parentheses can be ignored...which I am hoping for...)

I'll be there. It's a 2 and 1/2 our drive, but it's on a Saturday and it's early (don't I sound like an old man...) This will be my third time seeing them, and my first concert ever in RI.

I am VERY jealous of the people going to the NYC concert. Only 2 more hours of driving, and I could go. If only it weren't on a Thursday...

I'm not going to the NYC one because
1) The Webster Theater is closer and I know how to get there by heart
2) I'm a Devin Townsend fan, so is one friend, and the other hates Devin but likes Dark Tranquility (ugh)
3) We can only afford one

I know I'll regret not going to NYC as soon as I read the setlist, I'm really holding out on a DVD or something.

I don't have tix yet, but will do my best to be at this show.

I was planning on NYC, but things didn't work out :cry:

I do have tix to the hob in orlando. I've been to that venue before & really liked it. Orlando is my favorite place to visit. Opeth should be awesome there. It's the last day of the tour.

Saw Opeth a couple yrs ago at the Palladium on the last day of their US tour. I'm convinced Mikael was shitfaced, but he still played great. Did anyone else notice this ???

winters epilogue said:
I really like the new Lupo's...it is damn nice. Not like the old one, for sure, but still nice.

But anyways, this will be my seventh time seeing them, and it will not be the last! (unless something crazy happens...then it will be...and that would suck...because you know...it is a good life show...but if nothing crazy happens...then everything in these parentheses can be ignored...which I am hoping for...)

This will be my seventh time seeing them too. I am willing to be that you were at all the shows I was at.

I'll be there with a few other people - 2nd time seeing them!

I'm going to buy my tickets tomorrow - BUT do you recommend the balcony seats (25 bucks I think) Are they worth it? I've never been to Lupo's before.

Indrid Cold said:
I'll be there with a few other people - 2nd time seeing them!

I'm going to buy my tickets tomorrow - BUT do you recommend the balcony seats (25 bucks I think) Are they worth it? I've never been to Lupo's before.

I've never been to Lupos before either. When I reserached Lupos and saw they had a mezzanine, I investigated. Ticketmaster screwed up the 1st week of ticket sales and didn't offer them. I knew when they were available (I was in contact with Lupos box office), so I logged on and got 5 seats in the 1st row.

I've stood around general admission at so many metal concerts, I figured if I could land 1st row balcony seats (which I did), that would mean nobody in front of me but the band, and I could sit instead of stand.

MetalManCPA said:
I've never been to Lupos before either. When I reserached Lupos and saw they had a mezzanine, I investigated. Ticketmaster screwed up the 1st week of ticket sales and didn't offer them. I knew when they were available (I was in contact with Lupos box office), so I logged on and got 5 seats in the 1st row.

I've stood around general admission at so many metal concerts, I figured if I could land 1st row balcony seats (which I did), that would mean nobody in front of me but the band, and I could sit instead of stand.

Any way that I can tell which seat are left?

12 days away.

I guess tonight I officially began to anticipate the upcoming show. I was excited when I heard about the show, really psyched when I had the tickets in hand, but then I stopped thinking about it.

Until tonight.