PSA1 on vocals

Heabow

More cowbell!
Aug 24, 2011
France
Hi everyone,

I know a lot of mixers use Sansamp PSA1 on vocals with great results. Every time I tried to get some good dirtiness with it, I was getting shitty nasal sound and even EQ'd, the disto was having a big boost at 1-2kHz. So I always ended to finally remove it.

Many love Decapitator or other distortion plugins but I only have the PSA1 and no money to buy something else. I was wondering if some of you that use Sansamp on vox would share tips or basic settings that could help me...

Thanks!

Yes the PSA works great for vocals.Use a lot of Punch,Pre-amp at maximum and a lot of drive,i'm sure it works

I've already tried to the 'duplicate tip' but didn't get a cool effect. Maybe I did something wrong...
I will tweak around these settings Deuteronomy.

Thanks anyway!

I've already tried to the 'duplicate tip' but didn't get a cool effect. Maybe I did something wrong...
I will tweak around these settings Deuteronomy.

Thanks anyway!

Try the "MXR" distortion preset as a starting point for the duplicate blend, it sits in the mix well (at least, it has for me). I generally put it after any EQ or compression, or I'll blend it in on an aux track.