Psyched about Corey

sufferer

Feb 18, 2002
St. Petersburg, FL
I'm hoping this happens myself, still don't get what most here hate about the guy. Just finished finding a singer for my band and we were looking for exactly what Corey has: great clean, great scream and growl, great lyricist and great frontman and performer. What's really cool is Corey is a true-to-heart long-time Anthrax fan like all of us, so his heart will be in it, including the older stuff. As big as he is, he seems humbled to be a part of Thrax, so that's comforting. Yeah I would prefer John 'cause he IS Anthrax to me, but if Corey comes aboard Thrax will be on HBB again, be on magazine covers again, and be on big tours again, right where they should have been all along because they've never stopped being great. I'm optimistic, can't wait to see what happens.

Good for you man. I'm also sick and tired of people whinging. If you don't like the idea of Corey, stop your whining and then fuck off. Go start your own band with the singer you want.

AMEN.

(no offense to the ladies) but God some guys whine like a bunch of old women in this forum.

The bottom line is Anthrax done. They should just change the name and do a record with Corey. You really think the old school Thrax fans are going to go run out and get hyped up to see the guy from Slipknot try to sing Joey era songs? The music they put out might be good and heavy etc but its not Anthrax. Anthrax as we know it, be it if you loved the Classic Joey era or Bush era is completely dead. The only chance they had was to do a record with Joey and they fucked it all up. If they knew they weren't going to do a record with Joey they should have never done the runion tour and just done another record with Bush

My only concern with Corey is how much time he can dedicate to it. He's a good fit otherwise.

I was listening to stone sour the other day and marveled how much it was like Bush Thrax.

The bottom line is Anthrax done. They should just change the name and do a record with Corey. You really think the old school Thrax fans are going to go run out and get hyped up to see the guy from Slipknot try to sing Joey era songs? The music they put out might be good and heavy etc but its not Anthrax. Anthrax as we know it, be it if you loved the Classic Joey era or Bush era is completely dead. The only chance they had was to do a record with Joey and they fucked it all up. If they knew they weren't going to do a record with Joey they should have never done the runion tour and just done another record with Bush

I am an old school Anthrax fans since 86 and yes I will run out and buy it.

Why isn't it Anthrax? For me Charlie, Scott & Frankie have always been the nucleus of the band and they are still present.

I know this has been done to death dude but just curious.

Many people thought Anthrax was dead when Joey left - then John surprised us all and the band had a new sound and it was brilliant.

Who's to say it won't be like that with the new singer whoever that may be?

I'm hoping this happens myself, still don't get what most here hate about the guy. Just finished finding a singer for my band and we were looking for exactly what Corey has: great clean, great scream and growl, great lyricist and great frontman and performer. What's really cool is Corey is a true-to-heart long-time Anthrax fan like all of us, so his heart will be in it, including the older stuff. As big as he is, he seems humbled to be a part of Thrax, so that's comforting. Yeah I would prefer John 'cause he IS Anthrax to me, but if Corey comes aboard Thrax will be on HBB again, be on magazine covers again, and be on big tours again, right where they should have been all along because they've never stopped being great. I'm optimistic, can't wait to see what happens.

amen bro!!!!!:kickass:

Agreed! :headbang:

I'll buy it, been a fan since P.O.T. I've like Stone Sour and Slipknot music. As stated earlier, he is a fan of the band and will be stoked just to be playing with them. It's almost like Jason Newstead joining Metallica. He was a big fan of theirs and was excited to join the band.

Why do people bitch about this before listening? It's like saying i don't like a Roast Beef before even eat it. Its so inmature. Just because there will be a change doesnt mean it wont be good or even better.

And to make it worst, there hasn't been an official announcent. Charlie B say it was going to be HUGE. Lets wait till the end of this month to know the official version, only 2 weeks left.

And btw, i really do like Corey's voice, its metal! Great vocal range.

Cheers
JC

Such joy to see some positive comments on here. GREAT TO SEE ACTUALLY.

Ironmaidenfan...... ???? Please....

What i want to know is what songs will (a player to named later) be singing? Bush Era... Cause thats what i want to hear.......!!!! Vol 8, SOWN, WCFYA, STOMP 442.....

What do you want to hear???