Psyched about Corey

Yeah and what happend to Metallica when he joined the band? His first album he played on was the Black Album which was the downfall of Metallica's legacy. I don't think it was his fault, But he had no say-so in the band. Cliff would have never let metallica go to shit the way they did.

Is this a joke? Newsted first played on Garage Days, then on ...And Justice for All, and THEN on the Black Album. Dude, a 30 second fact check would have kept you from looking like an ass. Next time, do your homework!

The reason Metallica went down hill is Bob Rock, well thats what I think

I don't buy this. Metallica went downhill because of Metallica. They strayed way too far from the formula and finally paid the price. Garage Inc. was a covers album, but rocked, and the song "No Leaf Clover" from Symphonica was a killer tune. St. Anger had potential, but it needed a lot more refinement. They write the songs, not Bob Rock. The production value on the Black Album is in my opinion still some of the finest ever put on record. The guitars, drums, and vocals sound positively HUGE, even now 15 years later.

Yeah and what happend to Metallica when he joined the band? His first album he played on was the Black Album which was the downfall of Metallica's legacy. I don't think it was his fault, But he had no say-so in the band. Cliff would have never let metallica go to shit the way they did.

Don't act like you personally know Cliff.

I don't buy this. Metallica went downhill because of Metallica. They strayed way too far from the formula and finally paid the price. Garage Inc. was a covers album, but rocked, and the song "No Leaf Clover" from Symphonica was a killer tune. St. Anger had potential, but it needed a lot more refinement. They write the songs, not Bob Rock. The production value on the Black Album is in my opinion still some of the finest ever put on record. The guitars, drums, and vocals sound positively HUGE, even now 15 years later.

Bob Rock did have a big influence on the way they wrote music, i saw an interview with James Hetfield the other night and he said just that. And Bob Rock did help write St.Anger.

All songs written by Hetfield/Ulrich/Hammett/Rock.

Before Bob Rock Metallica were one of the Best Metal bands............ever.

Now lets get back on topic please:)

Bob Rock did have a big influence on the way they wrote music, i saw an interview with James Hetfield the other night and he said just that. And Bob Rock did help write St.Anger.

All songs written by Hetfield/Ulrich/Hammett/Rock.

Before Bob Rock Metallica were one of the Best Metal bands............ever.

Now lets get back on topic please:)

Bob Rock recorded bass on St. Anger.

I would give him the benefit of the doubt as long as they would put out good material.

My greater concern would be what label they would put out a cd and how much support they would get. That seems to always have been the biggest problem no matter which frontman that they have had.
:Smug:
Exactly. We know the material will be good, hell they've never disappointed us. The biggest issue HAS always been support, now any label will support and push a record with Corey on it big time, hell Anthrax will be on the radio again! The music will still be a creation of the core, Charlie Scott and Frank. Hell our boys can be in the mainstream again, I'm excited:headbang: :headbang:

Actually, he first played on "...And Justice For All". But his bass work was so buried in the mix, one can understand why they'd think Jason didn't play on that album.

Jason was always the one who was pushing for MORE BRUTAL METAL when they were doing Load/Reload... a decision why he left as well (apart from the obvious disharmony about not being able to do a side project).

I'll take Anthrax's music anyday over Metallica's later stuff.

Yes...totally BAD ASS...until the silly reunion money grab. Now, who knows. I will listen to it...but won't buy. I'll wait and buy what John does next...even if it is a DVD of his BK commercials. The man is class.:puke:

Soooo you wont buy it even if it turns out to be pure gold? The reunion wasnt a money grab, this probably would've been more obvious if John participated, but he had his reasons.

It's a shame a guy as cool as Jason only played on crap metallica albums (apart from justice where you couldnt even hear him).

to state what someone else already said ,the first album jason recorded with metallica was garage days re-revisited not justice or, the black album. and you "can" hear his bass on it .

now lets get back to this corey guy we're so pyched about !

I would give him the benefit of the doubt as long as they would put out good material.

My greater concern would be what label they would put out a cd and how much support they would get. That seems to always have been the biggest problem no matter which frontman that they have had.
:Smug:

Hope with a current name that sells involved they will get more support.