PT/Opeth at fillmore (SF)

Okay, I cannot afford to go to my grandfather's funeral, so I will be at the show. Here is an idea: We can meet in front of the soundboard as soon as doors open. We can ALSO meet at the soundboard as soon as Porcupine Tree is done. That way, people that have to get there a little late can still meet up and people who have to leave early as well. Is that good?

Yea, i cant go to my great grandmothers cos im here in the states...

The plan sounds good, ill see you all there with luck:)

DemonOfTheFall said:
they let us in about 10 minutes before Opeth took the stage. i swear i was in the back of the line, like five dudes were behind me, and they let us all in in the end.

Haha yeah that was cool... Definately worth the wait...
See you on Thursday Demon-

Squeak said:
Okay, I cannot afford to go to my grandfather's funeral, so I will be at the show. Here is an idea: We can meet in front of the soundboard as soon as doors open. We can ALSO meet at the soundboard as soon as Porcupine Tree is done. That way, people that have to get there a little late can still meet up and people who have to leave early as well. Is that good?

sounds good, u mean towards the front though right? (where the sound board is at??) i just figure i'll see u guys around somewhere. nobody's up for an 'after party'?? i know some places where could kick it around here if u guys are up for some... ahem... 'fun stuff' ... yea

and what's up ben! see u tomorrow... FUN FUN FUN!

Well opeth is the opening band as it says on the site so im leaving after them because i have to :(...but it doesnt really matter to me since im going mainly to see opeth anyways...i dont really care for meeting any of you on the boards cuz i have just started posting even though i registered in april of last year :cool:...well i hope you all have a great time tommorow i know i will!

InFlames235 said:

InFlames, be nice to RydManiac. English is not their native language. ;) Ryd, a soundboard is the big piece of equipment that has all the knobs on it to make the sound for the concert good or bad. It's also known as a mixing board. And to answer where it is... If you walk up the stairs from the entrance and go to your left, there is a doorway to get into the club on that side (in front of the merch booth). Go in that doorway, and it is directly on your right as soon as you walk in. It's very big so it's impossible to miss. Here, I give you a really nice picture of a soundboard from the Recording Engineer school I went to:

oxford.jpg

I'm a lurker on this forum, but I'm going to the SF show, so I figured I'd introduce myself. :D I was also at the Deliverance Pound show in January. I was the guy hanging out near the food window headbanging like crazy and screaming along to the songs. Oh wait....so was everybody else around me... ;) Anyway, I'll see you all there and say hi. \m/

-Tim

Spinal Remains said:
Hey whose bringing the weed to this show anyways?
I'm gonna bring some fat chronic joints but I'm hoping I won't be alone...

DUDE!! i couldn't find my zig-zags, if u got some, bring some, u should still be able to count on me though; we'll meet up man, just look for me outside someplace before the show stops, i should be taking muni, so look for the bus stop...

btw everybody, i go to school just on market street ... the art institute of san francisco, right next to the civic center plaza...

Just got back from the show. Opeth was absolutely brilliant. I dunno if it was just the fact that I got high for the first time in three years or if they were really that good but WOW its was fucking increadible. I loved the way they did Closure with like 5-10 minutes of extra jamming. They added something to about every other song which made the live experience rediculously better than listening to it on CD. The Deep Purple cover was very well done as well.

It was a bummer to see PT after Opeth...not because Im not a PT fan...I really enjoy their music. But after the mellow ambience that Opeth created, I was definitely not in the mood to hear funky Porcupine Tree riffs. They were really good though, very flawlessly done and pretty good song selection.

Overall it was absolutely amazing, PT lived up to my expectations and Opeth was :OMG:

ThyWyrM said:
hahah thats ingenious, wearing distinguishing shirts lol hmmm *thinks... ill wear my blackwater park custom modified special edition muscle shirt :Spin: (The sleeves broke, being its so hot here, i cut em off....im so metal \m/ bahaahah)
I saw you! I remember thinking "cool shirt, why did he fuck it up?". You did look like you could kick someones ass though :D