PT12 - PT10 sessions

Heabow

More cowbell!
Aug 24, 2011
France
I will install PT12 the next days. I'm a bit scared by having issues with my plugins and all that stuff but mainly, as I'm mixing an album right now I want know more about the compatibility between my PT10 sessions opened with PT12. Any of you are encountering bugs?

Any major issues implies that you still had problems?
Only the usual difference in I/O you can get going from System to system.

10-12 is no issue now, 12-10 can still cause one of two annoyances, but they've alwasy been there!

I've had absolutely no problems and I've had to go between 10-12 and 12-10 weekly for the last three months. If all your plugins are updated, go for it! If you're super worried then wait til you're done with the mix. But honestly, pt12 is so much better I'd just jump in and enjoy.

Thanks. Good to know! Actually I will go for a new system from scratch. So new SSD, new OSX, PT12 and all plugins up to date..

A bit off topic, I have Alchemy by Camel Audio which is really great but as Camel Audio does no longer exist I was wondering how I can "copy" it from my current system. Clone is not an option as I'll install everything from start with a new OSX. Ideas?