Purchases you were really fucking disappointed with?

One incident comes to my mind:
I used to like Ensiferum very much some years back. But I was disapointed with Dragonheads. That new singer just sucks and music wasn't even near as good as in the first and second albums. Also, I was a bit disapointed with their DVD.

But hey, has anyone been disapointed with Symphony X? :p

Skyfire - Timeless Departure (Departurd would be fitting) is one of the worst albums I have ever bought. I listened to some low quality clips on the Internet and decided to order the CD. When I finally got the CD (the delivery took about a month!), I found out that the album didn't sound much better than the *.ram clips. The overall sound was very demoish and thin.

The musical content was the same caliber. Casio-synths and Bodom leads accompanied with weak Gothenburg-type growling. Seriously, the album doesn't have anything own, it's just a poor pastiche of your common power and melodeath bands.

Mercury Rising - Upon Deaf Ears -DTesque progmetal with really weak falsetto vocals :zombie:
Heimdall - Lord of the Sky -Somewhat nice melodies but alltogether rather dissappointing effort as Hammerfall2 :puke:
Both were spontanious graps from a non-local superstore.
Avoid at all costs.

/me rasies hand

I was....Short term when I first heard the 3 samples given to the list folk when V came out. Maybe it was the 128bps rip, but my first impression was "....gone are the balls and chunk..." Same reaction from a very good friend of mine who happened to be at my house when the tunes were unveiled. We were shocked. Luckily, we didn't go online and post a bunch of bs saying how bad it was. Soon as we heard the actual cd, we had to eat crow.....

So far...the new one is looking like bad. Could they please get some more influences besides Yngwie? Talking about wearing them on their sleeves...geez...for virtually every cd they've released. The harsh vocals & numetal guitar won't even cut through.

Nope. But in all honesty I have studiously avoided the first album. Everyone I've met said it was dire, so I left it alone. I don't think I could handle the disappointment. :cry:

The vocals are odd, they are always in tune but the guy reminds me of a muppet or something, the drums sound alright, the bass sounds okay, the guitarwork is pretty good but for the most of it romeo seems to have got his tone knob stuck in the "NO TONE EVER" position, which i personally find a bit gay. In places it reminds me of queen quite a bit as well, they really overdo it with the huge vocal sections lol.

It's worth getting the first album just so you understand how good the divine wings of tragedy really is lol.