The Purchases Thread

Yeah, I got mine for $40 from Sanity.

Anthrax are good, except their songs just aren't that great.
Megadeth are great, but WAY too much vocal overdubbing going on.
Slayer are fat and cheesy and take themselves way too seriously.
Metallica blow the other 3 away quite convincingly.

The 3 band jam on Am I Evil is fucking awesome. Don't know why Slayer didn't do it, but makes them seem like jerks for not joining in (except Lombardo).

Read something somewhere that asked Lombardo why the rest didn't jam, he said something along the lines that they don't know how to jam in rehearsal let alone on stage with everyone else

w00t!

just received my signed copy of Arjen Anthony Lucassen's Star One album Victims of the Modern Age
thought that it would still take weeks to get here but less then two since shipping

nice surprise to come one too :D

two blu-ray purchases this week

the 1st is the much waited upon Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind from Studio Ghibli.
This is from the HD upgrade re-release from a couple of years ago, taking out the graininess of the older footage. It also has the more recent Disney paid for English dubbing (with Patrick Stewart as Lord Yupa) but that doesn't matter since I only watch the original subbed version :)

the 2nd BD is the latest DC Bruce Timm produced animation Superman/Batman: Apocalypse. starting a few weeks after the events of the last Superman/Batman film, it tells of Superman's cousin Kara and her fall to Earth and trying to find her place as a super powered being, as well as the evil Darkseid seeking a new captain for his Fem Furies.
This is probably the best of the new DC animations with good character development (for the short time that it runs) and some amazing fight scenes that show off the extent of a super powered being battling. Plus Batman being Batman -which is always awesome! :headbang:

Well, I have gone out with a bang, the wife says I gotta lay off buying stuff for a few months (me and a budget need to exist together for a while *sigh* back onto the wagon) so anyhoo went and cleaned up in the last few days so here goes:

Rotting Christ - Aealo
Down - Diary of a mad band...
Whitechapel - A new era of corruption
The Black Pacific - S/t
Dimmu Borgir - abrawhateveryacallit
Pantera - Cowboys Deluxe re-release (yes I am a sucker for this sort of shit, and the fuckers better do it with Vulgar...)
Your Demise - The Kids we used to be
Clutch - Live at the 9:30
Loyal to the Grave - Still Climbin' Still Believin'

And there is on or two more, that right now escape me, not a bad haul since I gotta try and give it up til Feb/March the wife tells me, down to an allowance that only allows for a 6 pack a week play money for me apprently, but hey, it is what it is.

Depends what version you get, 2 or 3 disc, of course being a sucker I got 3 disc, it has some unreleased live stuff from the tour cycle in 1990, and all the demos' including one that didn't make the album originally, am looking forward to getting around to giving the demos disc a spin

Here I go, wasting money again.
Can't tell you what or how many gunpla I got recently but today got:

Kalmah - For the Revolution
HOLY FUCKING CHRIST!
WHY DIDN'T I GET THIS TWO YEARS AGO?!
Maybe hard to find in local shops but found it today in the bargain section of JB Civic for $15.
Great album.
Not as pounding as their previous effort The Black Waltz but has that flow which Kalmah has perfected and still delivers that Melody BRUTALITY which you have come to expect. :headbang:

Arrived in MAIL TODAY from CD WOW

YES : DRAMA ....I really like this Album , not classic Yes , But holds a special place in my music collection and now have it on CD ...the two guys out of the Buggles joined YES for this Album ...
DEEP PURPLE : COME AND TASTE THE BAND 35th Anniversary Edition ... ahh Mr Bolin

Let us know how that goes mate, very interested in the newie, the review on Gorey's site says it is right up there

The Black Waltz is great

Just arrived on my doorstep, the new Cradle of Filth, Darkly, Darkly, Venus Aversa. Have been waiting on this one for a while, but probably won't get to listen for days! argh!