Storm of the Light's Bane

Dissection brings me in tune with the anti-cosmic Luciferian flames of nihilistic darkness. And makes me homocidal (pun).

Jester Race was the cd that got me into growling back in the day. I don't care for In Flames in any of their incarnations anymore.

Storm of the light's Bane is perhaps THE greatest black metal album ever recorded (apart from Satyircon's Nemesis Divina obviously)...but I also want to recommend Eucharist, one of the bands that started the "gothenboug sound", unfortunately overseen (or just not discovered) by many. Check them out...I made the official website (http://www.artnoir-productions.com/eucharist). I have all songs ever recorded by the band on the server so if anyone's interested give me a pm and I'll get you the URL for mp3's..(they're not on the 'mp3' section yet...)

artnoir said:
Storm of the light's Bane is perhaps THE greatest black metal album ever recorded (apart from Satyircon's Nemesis Divina obviously)...but I also want to recommend Eucharist, one of the bands that started the "gothenboug sound", unfortunately overseen (or just not discovered) by many. Check them out...I made the official website (http://www.artnoir-productions.com/eucharist). I have all songs ever recorded by the band on the server so if anyone's interested give me a pm and I'll get you the URL for mp3's..(they're not on the 'mp3' section yet...)

and opeth's orchid is the greatest power metal album ever recorded. :Smug:

youre right about eucharist though. mirrorworlds being their great achievement, velvet creation was good...but not anymore standout than the other similar releases from that scene.

I just recieved Storm and Jester's Race today. Dissection is completely relentless in their delivery, however, the fucked up Satan Lyrics make me cringe. Should have researched it better. In Flames does rock. Seems like there is a touch of Power metal goin' on. This is just after 1 listen, I need to give them both more time. Peace.

ironbeard said:
I just recieved Storm and Jester's Race today. Dissection is completely relentless in their delivery, however, the fucked up Satan Lyrics make me cringe. Should have researched it better. In Flames does rock. Seems like there is a touch of Power metal goin' on. This is just after 1 listen, I need to give them both more time. Peace.

Don't look at the lyrics too much. Jon is a fucking idiot.

Your right, Brains for Breakfast(cool name,man) When the members of Dissection recorded that album, they were and are just hateful social retards. I read a recent review(August 05) forget where, Jon is a proclaimed Satanist and he states,"The material universe is a fuckin' prison, Satan is not a person, but an idealogy. Through chaos and evil we are breaking out of the prison." I guess he constitutes murder as "chaos." You got it, he's a fuckin' idiot. Hey Cunt Piddlesworth, I hope you don't mean MY name is pretentious.

Storm of the light's bane is the classic album of Disecction... But for me the classic black metal album is Marduk - Heaven Shall Burn...When We Are Gathered... I know that isn't the typical nasty sound/Atmospheric black metal album... But for me is perfect!