The Purchases Thread

I tried the white ale for the first time last week and it was quite nice. Both are good, just different. Not the best shit I have ever drank though. We stock the original one at 1st choice.

The best beer I have discovered in the last year or so is Barons Lemon Myrtle. Amazing. Like Hoegaarden, but with lemon lime in place of orange, and a little smoother. Also, cheaper since it is Aussie. Shamefully, we no longer stock it at work so I will have to source it elsewhere.

Another good newie is Mountain Goat Steam Ale.

picked up the limited editions of Flotsam and Jetsam's albums Cuatro and Dreams of Death for $10 each

they were inthe cheap section of JB Hi-Fi

shows that some people have no taste
but feel bad because this is a band I should've been listening too years ago!

think I may have avoided them because of the crap name

oh, well

have them now
hunting their latest album The Cold (again, with the crap names) which I downloaded and instantly loved! :headbang:

Hah good to see that conversation on the Lord forum has resulted in a purchase! A lot of CDs are $10 now though; how old are those ones?

Hah good to see that conversation on the Lord forum has resulted in a purchase! A lot of CDs are $10 now though; how old are those ones?

I think I sparked that conversation with my download of Cold

but anyway, that were originally $15 in the bargain section but $10 on on staff discount

they are from (respectively) 2002 (Dreams of Death) and the 2005 re-release of Cuatro with all the bonus stuff

Ah, so it was your purchase that started the discussion, Shadow, rather than the other way round. Haha damn my memory. :)

As soon as we become more than a single income family again I'm heading straight to JB!

feeling depressed, urge to waste money and wanting to take advantage of my staff discount before it runs out led me to buy the game Resonance of Fate for the PS3

something different to play for a while
J-RPG set in the future, guns in place of swords, different style of combat
Assassin's Creed bores and frustrates the piss out of me (but want to finish it so can play the sequel) and frustrated with how hard the parts of Dead Rising 1 (again, want to play to get to the sequel) and Bayonetta (which is actually pretty fun once you get into it and lots to unlock)

few days ago got the anime boxset of The Wallflower, which is pretty funny from the 1st ep

You start with just a settler and a warrior, and then you conquer the world! (Or go down one of the other Victory paths.)

It's a real time "explore, expand, exploit, and exterminate" game so it's not all action, but it's addictive as all fuck.