Pyramaze announces new singer

I agree. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Bloodbound. Urban sounds great on it, and the music is good, but it doesn't have that "knock your teeth out of your mouth" power in it that Tad Morose did. I felt they had their own niche that I don't hear from other bands. Although obviously Swedish, I actually thought of TM having more of a classic American Powermetal sound ala Howe era Metal Church or maybe Armored Saint. They certainly didn't sound "like" those bands, but certainly more like that than most of the bigger European metal bands with clean vocals. I can't speak for Urban nor the rest of Tad Morose, but there certainly was some "oldschool" influence there but done in a modern way, which was uber cool.

Bryant

@ RED...

killer song / video! Thanks for posting.
IMO-Urban has never sounded better than he has on "Modus Vivendi" from Tad Morose. One of my fave metal albums!

'Anubis' is a simple-straight forward kick you in the face metal song!
"its your face that i see-in the mist in my dreams"...

I think if you look at Urban's voice, not from a stylistic point of view, but from purely a technical point of view and his preferred range ro one's he sings in most often..... Urban is neither like Matt, nor Lance. Matt and Glenn Danzig are examples of the few well known baritones in metal music. Rock and metal music are full of tenors. Urban is sort of a "tweener" in between a tenor and baritone and I think it will work well for him covering Lance's and Matt's work with Pyramaze. I think he will be able to hit most of Lance's high stuff, yet he still has power to spare in the lower registers. I am a biased SOB because I have been a fan of TM and Urban for a long time, but I am a fan because he is one of the absolute best singers in metal.
As far as Urban being a comedian...... ha ha ha ....... I think ya'll will have to judge that for yourself. Urban is a little weird, but in a good way.

Bryant

Thanks for posting the vid! I've seen that one already and posted it in another Pyra-thread - just a few days before Urban's joining was announced. :)

In Urban I trust! :kickass: I like his more middle-ranged voice and he's got much emotion in it as well! Especially songs like Anubis, No Mercy and Cyberdome are amazing! I don't know that many songs with Urban's voice by now, so I'm just curious about some songs where he really sings in high registers...

Urban's a comedian? So we got a singing comedian in Pyramaze? Oh dear god... that's great! :lol:

Yeah, what about a live record with old and NEW material?

Good to see you here my friend. Of course I will see you at the VP forum. It is certainly no offense to the fans of Pyramaze, but they don't know what kind of monster they have on vocals now. This is going to be very interesting.

Bryant

Just heard this news today. Now hurry and record another album! :D

Seeing as how I like Immortal better than the new Iced Earth album with Barlow back, I can't wait to hear what you do with Urban! :headbang:

I think if you look at Urban's voice, not from a stylistic point of view, but from purely a technical point of view and his preferred range ro one's he sings in most often..... Urban is neither like Matt, nor Lance. Matt and Glenn Danzig are examples of the few well known baritones in metal music. Rock and metal music are full of tenors. Urban is sort of a "tweener" in between a tenor and baritone and I think it will work well for him covering Lance's and Matt's work with Pyramaze. I think he will be able to hit most of Lance's high stuff, yet he still has power to spare in the lower registers. I am a biased SOB because I have been a fan of TM and Urban for a long time, but I am a fan because he is one of the absolute best singers in metal.

Agreed, Urban is for sure one of the best vocalists around! I still don't know many of the songs he has already sung, but especially his work with TM seems to be outstanding... and the title-track of Nosferatu, I can't get enough of these vocal-melodies! can I believe what I saw in the night...

It is certainly no offense to the fans of Pyramaze, but they don't know what kind of monster they have on vocals now. This is going to be very interesting.

VERY interesting indeed! I was so excited and could hardly wait for the release date of Immortal, and I certainly didn't think I'll ever be that excited again. Due to Urban I'm even more excited right now! So, when will the next album be released? :)

This is EXCELLENT news. Urban has a great voice and I can already be certain he'll be a great fit for Pyramaze vocally. I had the pleasure of meeting him when Tad Morose opened for Edguy in NYC in 2004, helluva nice guy.

It is certainly no offense to the fans of Pyramaze, but they don't know what kind of monster they have on vocals now. This is going to be very interesting.

I'm extensively listening to TM and Bloodbound at the moment, and slowly but surely I get a hunch of what you mean. If Pyramaze continue to get out the best of a singer, well, yeah... 'very interesting' would be the greatest understatement of the... century? :)

Well, after this weekend, I have now seen all 3 Pyramaze singers live. I have to say I was not overly impressed with Matt live (but I was never really a fan), at least at the beginning of the IE set. I thought he warmed up nicely, but there were many others more familiar with him who were disappointed from what I heard. I've seen Lance and Urban 3x each, and was never disappointed with either of them, just for comparison's sake.

Urban could take some lessons from Lance on handing out shots of Jager though. :lol:

Shaye