Pyramaze announces new singer

I think it's a great news!! Urban is a very good choice because he's a very versatile singer, and I'm sure he'll be a great fit for Pyramaze.
Obviously Matt is a very hard singer to replace (ask Tim Owens hehe), but Urban is the man! I had the chance to see him with Tad Morose at the Wacken fest in 2001, and his stage presence and his vocal delivery were top class. Kind of a cross between Bruce Dickinson and Zak Stevens, as weird as it might sound!
I m also very curious to hear songs from Immortal sung by Urban, should be interesting!!

Wow, Nosferatu is awesome. Urban tends to add emotion and depth to even straightforward heavy metal songs; when I first listened to Matters of the Dark, I thought the guitars were pretty random (especially in Sword of Retribution) and flat. You listen to Urban sing a few times, get into the words and you see how it all kind of works together to build up to a powerful punch.

CrissLyrae said:
I m also very curious to hear songs from Immortal sung by Urban, should be interesting!!

Oh yeah!

Wow, Nosferatu is awesome. Urban tends to add emotion and depth to even straightforward heavy metal songs; when I first listened to Matters of the Dark, I thought the guitars were pretty random (especially in Sword of Retribution) and flat. You listen to Urban sing a few times, get into the words and you see how it all kind of works together to build up to a powerful punch.

Yep! And there's one thought that I don't get out of my mind: I like Lance's voice with Balance Of Power, but he's so much better on the Pyramaze-songs. Matt became my favorite singer with Iced Earth, but I was overwhelmed when I heard him on Immortal, he did an unbelievably great job! And now there's Urban, I like his voice with Bloodbound (Nooosfeeeratuuu) and the samples on Tad Morose's myspace-page are extremely amazing... but if Pyramaze continue to let their singers shine even more, and I'm pretty sure they will... wow... I'm already getting goosebumps. :)

Btw, I'm glad you all seem to like Nosferatu as much as I do! :kickass:

Hadn't heard Urban breed before I got the news he was joing Pyramaze but i'm listening to some stuff now and, although still fairly undescided, I like it.
And I'm just gonna hop on the "Nosferatu is great" bandwagon now.

Can anyone reccomed some of Urban's best tracks to listen to?

Can anyone reccomed some of Urban's best tracks to listen to?

Can't say if it's one of his best tracks, but I just love him on this one. This is Behind the Moon by Bloodbound.[ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ouc-yPdpVAA&feature=related[/ame]
EDIT: Ah, what am I thinking, how could I forget this, Anubis by Tad Morose! \,,/:[ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5he4GmKUGmA&feature=related[/ame]

Just a sidenote...now we have two "Criss" posters here? What are the odds??

Hehe... I can't speak for Red Criss, but for me, Mister Criss Oliva is the absolute best guitar player to ever walk the earth :) Hence my pseudonym. And by the way, Lyrae is my band ;)

Just a sidenote...now we have two "Criss" posters here? What are the odds?? :loco:

Hehe... I can't speak for Red Criss, but for me, Mister Criss Oliva is the absolute best guitar player to ever walk the earth :) Hence my pseudonym. And by the way, Lyrae is my band ;)

Yeah, Criss Oliva is an awesome guitar player, one of my favourites too! My real name is Chris and I started to spell it Criss some years ago, of course because of Criss Oliva. When I started to play bass guitar one of my favorite bass players was Flea of the Red Hot Chili Peppers...

To me - the most addictive song on Bloodbound's "Nosferatu" was the title track. I spent like a week listening to it exclusively...
Course after listening to it so much, it sort of lost its edge a little. So you could say I "over-listened" to it. :D
But damn, it's a bloody bitching bleeding classic it is! Pip pip cheerio!!

I like coffee.

Can't say if it's one of his best tracks, but I just love him on this one. This is Behind the Moon by Bloodbound.
EDIT: Ah, what am I thinking, how could I forget this, Anubis by Tad Morose! ,,/

I like Behind the Moon, but not as much as Nosferatu. Maybe because I've heard the latter one first. It's the same galloping rhythm like in Nosferatu. I haven't heard all the songs from this record yet, but it seems to me that most songs are somewhat predictable and quite similar. Nevertheless, Urban's voice is amazing, especially the vocal melody in the chorus of Nosferatu. :kickass:

The four songs I heard on Tad Morose's myspace-page are really great, including Anubis of course. :headbang:

By the way: does someone know a song where Urban is singing in really high registers?

He sings pretty high in the chorus for 'For the King' (Bloodbound) I think, but it is definitely not my favorite song. Of course, you can look up him & Jen Martire (a really good singer herself) doing a karaoke version of 'Take Hold of the Flame' on YouTube. Oh yeah, there's a clip on there of him doing a little "emergency" acoustic set a few years ago, and he belts out one at the beginning of 'The Last in Line.' It's about 3 minutes into it, IIRC.

Edit: Here it is:

Shaye

Last edited by a moderator:
He sings pretty high in the chorus for 'For the King' (Bloodbound) I think, but it is definitely not my favorite song. Of course, you can look up him & Jen Martire (a really good singer herself) doing a karaoke version of 'Take Hold of the Flame' on YouTube. Oh yeah, there's a clip on there of him doing a little "emergency" acoustic set a few years ago, and he belts out one at the beginning of 'The Last in Line.' It's about 3 minutes into it, IIRC.
Shaye

Thanks for posting the vid! I've seen that one already and posted it in another Pyra-thread - just a few days before Urban's joining was announced. :)

In Urban I trust! :kickass: I like his more middle-ranged voice and he's got much emotion in it as well! Especially songs like Anubis, No Mercy and Cyberdome are amazing! I don't know that many songs with Urban's voice by now, so I'm just curious about some songs where he really sings in high registers...

Urban's a comedian? So we got a singing comedian in Pyramaze? Oh dear god... that's great! :lol:

I hope they do a cd with of songs of the past 3 cds where we can heard Urban Breed's vocals on them.

Yeah, what about a live record with old and NEW material?