Queensryche - Operation: Mindcrime

SyX-Fan

Dec 29, 2002
Denmark
This album have just been... Don't really know how to put it so that you'll get it... But truly... It has been one of the best albums I have ever heard, I was very left wondering how come I haven't heard it before. I mean.. It's varied, it has a great story, great detail... Very emotional stuff, I must say.

Just felt like saying that I liked it :)

Originally posted by azal
Rage For Order is way better :)

I would agree... They touched on a style and sound there that was light-years ahead of it's time... Wish they would go back to that type of experimentation..

News: Chris DeGarmo is back in the studio with the band for the first time in like seven years!! Hopefully this will signal their long overdue return!!

From the Queensryche website.

FEBRUARY 19th, 2003
DEGARMO IN STUDIO WITH QUEENSRŸCHE!

Seattle, WA - Founding guitarist, Chris DeGarmo has rejoined his former band mates at an undisclosed studio in the Seattle area. While it cannot be confirmed at this time whether Chris has officially rejoined the band, the group is writing as a complete unit for the first time in 7 years. A representative for DeGarmo confirmed the original lineup is "creating the next Queensrÿche studio release". Queensrÿche have amassed numerous gold and platinum awards and were nominated for a Grammy for their Top Ten Single "Silent Lucidity" in 1991.

WOO-HOO!!

I love the Queensryche fans that we have out here! They are one of my all time fave bands and everyone of their cd's is awesome. Even Q2K- I know a lot of people dog it, but I think it is cool and I think the production on it was great. It had a pretty fresh sound for them.

Operation does indeed rule as does Rage for Order. But if you pick up Rage, don't expect to hear Operation sounding tunes, it is quite different, but in an awesome way!!!

Ryched4life!!!!:headbang: :headbang:

Originally posted by dreamingneonblack
WOO-HOO!!

I love the Queensryche fans that we have out here! They are one of my all time fave bands and everyone of their cd's is awesome. Even Q2K- I know a lot of people dog it, but I think it is cool and I think the production on it was great. It had a pretty fresh sound for them.

Operation does indeed rule as does Rage for Order. But if you pick up Rage, don't expect to hear Operation sounding tunes, it is quite different, but in an awesome way!!!

Ryched4life!!!!:headbang: :headbang:

:) I like Q2K also! I don't think it can touch their masterpieces with a ten foot pole, but I do think it is quite good. There are a lot of songs I like. HITNF is the one I don't care for so much. I do hope that the band is feeling inspired again and that the new album will be good, if not great.

Hey, don't me wrong, I love it. It's just not as good (IMO<----do I ALWAYS have to say this? Can't it just be understood by now?) as Operation: Mindcrime, which TO ME is the finest album ever created.

Well here's my two cents. RFO and OMC are two very unique albums in their own right. I don't think a band that I can recall has put out two stellar albums back to back like that. To this day I think there is music on RFO that has not been equalled.

To me it's a pretty close call but RFO sits higher that OMC for me and they are both is my top 5 of all time.

Now lets just hope they can create one more album that is even as good as Promised Land and I will be a happy Ryche Head again.

Bear

Bear said:
Now lets just hope they can create one more album that is even as good as Promised Land and I will be a happy Ryche Head again.

Bear

I think Promised Land is wonderful, so if the next album is as good as that, I'll be thrilled.​