Question about cob funds...

zycon

New Metal Member
Nov 22, 2006
If i buy the cd's from lets say Amazon.com, will cob receive less money than if i bought it from there own site (if the currency rate was the same that is). Also, when will they come out with a disc set, i wanna get that shit. I finally want to contribute to the band since I am becoming a more devoted fan, HAIL BODOM!

Its actually a lot less than that,if you want give a band money go to their gigs,
buy tickets and but lots of merchandise,thats where the money is for bands,
selling t-shirts,or you could make a donation:lol::lol: At the signing we gave Alexi a bottle of whiskey,thats saving their money

Itssucks for bands too because they have to tour to pay off the money the label lent to them to make their last record, most ofthat touring money goes to paying off all the expenses that goes into making a record

Bands get shit all from record sales, they money is split up into the percentage the artists get, what the record label gets, what the manufacturers and distributors get, what the publishers get, what the store selling the album gets etc. The shitty thing is that the recording advance that record labels give to bands is usually paid off via those royalties and shit that the band receives from the album sales. So it's very rare for bands to make money from albums, although it's not unheard of.

The biggest way bands make money is from touring - so go out, buy the tickets and buy the merch. However, you still have to buy the albums if you're that intent on supporting the band, because bands can't really sell tickets for concerts and go on tour if their albums aren't selling. It'd be a complete waste of money and an extremely high risk I'm sure no promoter would want to take - taking a band on tour that aren't selling any albums.

So they still have to sell records if they want to sell concert tickets.
Plus they'll usually go to where fan demand is high.
I.e. countries where they've sold the most albums.