A question about Finland's scene

In Finland, unlike in the US or UK, basicly everyone get exposed to metal at some point. It's impossible NOT to hear Nightwish or Stratovarius songs. That way people get to "decide" do they like metal or not and that's the way it should be. Of course there allways will be people who are satisfied with mainstream radiopop and it's same in Finland.

CoB are very popular among metallers but I have also seen 14-year mallcore/baggypanths/Slipknot-type kids wearing CoB shirts etc. Everyone who is interested about music at least know who CoB are and what type of music they play because they are featured regurlary in rockmagazines etc...

Originally posted by lostdignity
Just thought I would tell u a bit bout swedens metal scene....seems like the average person has heard of In Flames here..

Iron Maiden seem to be still huge in Sweden, over 30 000 tickets sold for the summer concert in Stockholm :headbang:

Originally posted by nikon87
I have a guy in my neighbourclass who makes finnish rap,

I have a best friend who makes finnish rap... I'm not very happy about it, but he's still cool guy even though his taste of music is from the deepest pits of hell.

@Hatecrewdeathroll: Ever heard of rezising pictures? That avatar is huge! I didn't notice it before because it was in my browser's cache... but it's nearly a megabyte. Pretty unnecessary for a 100x100 picture that would take about 16 kilobytes when rezised.

If you don't know how to rezise, hre you go:
COB_003.jpg

In poland awerage dude listens to rap or some pop shit. But I made my few friends to tune up on sinergy and cob, so Im proud of myself.
btw polish isnt so bad at all.....
And if I see some metalhead outdoor he probobly heard about cob. But anyway, netal music is not so populat here.

btw,

:headbang: LONG LIVE METAL :headbang:

hmm, many times ive heard about everyone joking about COB, but i think that none of them havent even heard them.. And the joking comes from Laihos true-evil-image...:lol: but theres no radio chanel that plays COB in radio, even it was first at the chart...

Originally posted by Voice of God

@Hatecrewdeathroll: Ever heard of rezising pictures? That avatar is huge! I didn't notice it before because it was in my browser's cache... but it's nearly a megabyte. Pretty unnecessary for a 100x100 picture that would take about 16 kilobytes when rezised.

If you don't know how to rezise, hre you go:
COB_003.jpg
Thanks, I'm not too familiar with all of that. But, I'll get a whole different avatar soon.
I also have another question for everyone. What is the deal with Nightwish? I like them somewhat, but are they hated by most Bodom fans in Finland, or are they loved? What do most people think of them?

And is Bodom considered sellout or something because they sell so many albums? I know here in America, the last thing they would be is sellouts because nobody has ever heard of them. But they seem huge in Finland, so I was just wondering. Thanks!

I dont know how many of u know about the metal scene in India. It is as worse as it an be coz an average person even dont know of METALLICA.:( So wat can i say bout Children of Bodom. Tho many people in metal circle know bout it still many metal people even dont know bout it. I came to know bout CoB thru my brother hu plays in a Cob metal band here. Its very pathetic here.

Originally posted by HateCrewDeathroll
I also have another question for everyone. What is the deal with Nightwish? I like them somewhat, but are they hated by most Bodom fans in Finland, or are they loved? What do most people think of them?

And is Bodom considered sellout or something because they sell so many albums?

I think Nightwish are either loved, hated or not cared depending on the fan. It's individual thing. Personally I think Nightwish is mediocre power metal with great singer and (mostly) fucking bad lyrics. Shameless plug: If anyone want's to trade something for Wishmaster, PM me.

And Bodom being a sellout... There are those people who consider everything sellout that hasn't been recorded in a dark forest 15 years ago to a c-cassette with a clockradio or has sold over 3 units. Then there are those people who own brains.

I'm glad that people still like Bodom even though they are on top of the charts. If a good band that people I know liked went to the top of the charts, those people would say what a fuckin sellout band. I'm hope nobody says that about bodom cause if they do, ILL FUCKIN KILL EM

There have been accusations of CoB being sellouts... eh, more rather that its becoming almost 'trendy' to hate Bodom, alot of people thought they lost it after Hatebreeder... whatever, Im not seeing it, and as long as CoB dont get soft, use use clean vocals, and put their drumming ahead of their guitaring (aka: pull an In Flames) they will still be one of my favorite Metal bands of all time...

Whenever I mention I even listen to metal here in the USA (I live in Philadelphia, hola Jersey folk, whazzup?) People ask me "How do you listen to all that GRAAAAHHHHH!!!!! 666!!!!! SATAN POWER!!! stuff"... Have they ever heard CoB, Skyfire, Norther, Kalmah, Blind Guardian, Ensiferum, Amon Amarth... NO.... and even better yet, do they have the amount of Intellegence to even guess where their coming from and what they represent... again, NO... your talking about white-as-fuck kids that act, talk, and want to be Blacks...

And people wonder why I hate America...

Originally posted by Voice of God
There are those people who consider everything sellout that hasn't been recorded in a dark forest 15 years ago to a c-cassette with a clockradio or has sold over 3 units. Then there are those people who own brains.

:lol: Now that made me laugh, too! :lol: