Question about MR

stargazer

Skyfire wants you!
Nov 27, 2001
Lund, Sweden
www.skyfireonline.net
Hey guys!

Some people complained that the songs on TD were not varied enough. I know many of you have MR or parts of it on mp3 by now and I would like to hear what you think about the diversity of the new album... In my opinion, not one song on MR sound like the next one...:)

I gotta say the songs are very varied from what I've heard. You're right, Jonas, the songs don't sound like one another.

I really like the progression of the songs too! Especially in Mind Revolution and Nightmares Nevermore and Shapes of Insanity and Haunted by Shadows and Collided In Mind...wait..that's all the songs I have..:lol:

They go in directions I really didn't expect but the twists to the songs are very very cool. :)

And solos would be yay. The sort of chaotic songwriting you guys do even lends itself to it. I must say the cd so far is complete without it! But you guys can improve on your perfection. ;)

Whole heartedly agree. I feel MR's songs all have their own identity. Stygian pretty much summed it up describing each of the songs. I would say Blinded by Euphoria is a creepy ass song hehe, the intro is totally none Skyfire haha, really dark with Henke growling "Euphoooooooriaaa..." haha coolness.

I dont think solos are really Skyfire's style, I think the sound just lends pretty much more to varied breaks. It keeps Skyfire from sounding typical and I think it makes the songs sound a bit more varied than a solo after each second chorus.

SD's pretty much said exactly how I feel. While the songs do have the general Skyfire feel/sound, they can be divided into "categories" like ass kicking eg. Colliding in Mind, mellower (for the ladies!) eg. Dawn Will Break, epic, eg. MR, etc. etc. Plus now the songs range from upbeat to spooky to dark.

And yes, the transitions are definitely much better. However, the one that gets me the most is from Shapes of Insanity at ~2:53 after the "doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo" riff.

I agree with Final Vision...
No solos in Skyfire, there is no need for it.
Generally solos are pretty gay. :rolleyes:

Take the latest CoB album... way too much showing of on both synth and guitar... those are in my opinion boring passages that makes me wanna hit the fast forward button.

Man do I feel out of the loop! Where can I hear this album guys?? You people seem to know it backwards and forwards already! I dont really want to hear the whole thing...just one or two singles.

www.slsk.org Yay for filesharing. And I think solos are yay..but maybe F_V is right, that they aren't really Skyfire's style. And Tobias too.

I dunno. You could always try it, and if you don't like what it sounds like, scrap it. Or maybe you guys already have. :)

I love MR. I think you guys are heading in the right direction. I got all my black metal friends to listen to you guys and they all say you're going to be huge someday.

I love every song on the new album, Shapes of Insanity being one of my favorites. The first time I listened to it, the transitions shocked me. It's awesome but technical at the same time. At 2:27 the transition totally bedazzled me and I was like WTF!? THat's awesome! Did you guys do this on purpose? :)

Of course it was on purpose :D I believe it was Andreas who came up with the transition late on night in the studio. If you remember my old "Studio Report"-threads I think I wrote something about one song being written and recorded in just a couple of days.. that was Shapes of Insanity. :)

Just wondering, are you guys influenced by Emerson Lake and Palmer by any chance? That part in Colliding in Mind reminds me of them :D . Let's see, I downloaded the CD at around 3PM today, and it's 3:34 AM and I'm still listening to it! 12 Hours of listening! Oh no, I still have German homework to do... argh! Damn you Skyfire for being too good!

Speaking of Henke...I have to say he is light years ahead of where he was on TD. His vocal range has increased so much and his growl as a lot more tightly packaged.