Question about MR

Shmeir said:
how do u come up with new melodies?? is it like u just sit down and decide ur gonna create something or do u think about it loads before u actually pick up the guitar, and try and work it out in ur head?

Personally, i try to create new melodies every time i grab my instruments cause i think its more fun to play new things than old stuff. But sometimes i have a finished structure and then i try to imagine how the new riffs should sound to fit the rest of song and make the song so good as possible.

-iLluSiON- said:
What brand of keyboards do you use?

I cant remember the name of the one we used in the studio, but it was awesome! =)
I think jonas have mentioned it before somewhere in the forum, but I could not find the thread now. We borrowed that one from his older brother.
When I record my stuff at home I use a Korg X5D. :Smokin:

Aborted Fetus said:
Wasn't it a Roland XP30? I think we discussed it in SD's keyboard thread.

Yep! Has to be that one =P

and yes, Jonas brother plays in a band too. Jonas plays in it as well. I know they play covers (and do some own writing as well) from the good old days and the deep purple era. But Jonas has to fill me in cause i dont know much of whats going on there now :)

MC Hanner said:
and yes, Jonas brother plays in a band too. Jonas plays in it as well. I know they play covers (and do some own writing as well) from the good old days and the deep purple era. But Jonas has to fill me in cause i dont know much of whats going on there now :)

wow, this is very cool :) we're gonna have to get Jonas to put up some clips if they've got any recorded once he gets back from Hungary

MC Hanner said:
Yep! Has to be that one =P

I think it was XP90.... at least I'm pretty sure it was something with "90" in the model name! :)

About the other band, it started as a cover band, but has evolved into some strange non-definable plays-for-fun band. We haven't rehearsed for a while and I don't know what will happen. Right now I don't really care because Skyfire is the main thing. I just play with the other guys because I enjoy playing and enjoy their company... but it's definitely not serious.

Gadlor said:
Welcome back from your well-deserved vacation! :)
Thanks! :)
Hungary was great... Budapest is great... cheap booze and food, just the way I like it! :D But I'm more tired now than when I left, and also I got a bad cold
ill.gif

:eek: pwned in a half...that was cold Jonas, If you ever end up saying you were a few miles from me and didnt say hello my TD CD is going out the window :p