Question about MR

yep its quite varied, with lots of surprises. the first time through a lot of the songs i was like 'wow i wasnt expecting that' and i like the so called 'violent' transitions. they fit. it was obviously done on purpose, for that very drastic quick change. thats what they were going for, an im all about it. and i dont know if i would say the vocals are 'light years ahead' but they fit the music more than the old TD style would have, but i LOVE the old style for TD. they're so in your face screamin-his-fuckin-guts-out intense. i love em. i expect quite high reviews for this album. TD got good reviews, the only gripe was the production and the cob rip-off (BULLSHIT!). well, those gripes have been met with an excellent production, and somthin cob just isnt capable of anymore.
-neal

Hey F_V wanna hook me up with Jonas' rear?

That came out wrong...:lol:

And what do you mean by a CoB ripoff neal?

On a somewhat related noooote...(hey it's still about skyfire) I've been listening to Nightmares Nevermore a lot and if I'm not mistaken it's got some computer-ish lingo in there. Maybe I'm just completely insane, but in certain parts of the song I hear...

"I want to burn the data down..."
and
"alone without my precious console"

Can a member of the band confirm this? :confused:

Hahahhaa.. I see what you mean now that I've listened to it. IT sounds EXACTLY like "I want to burn the data down..."
:lol::lol:
But the correct words are:
"I wont open the gate again"
and
"A wall around my precious castle" :D

i dont think the kick is too heavy. ist the friggin bass drum dude you gotta be able to hear it. maybe your bass settings are too high. you gotta turn that shit down for the metal. give it some treb an shit.
-neal

How do you guys split up the rhythm/lead parts in songs, Martin and Andreas?

And cheers to the both of you..the guitar work on this CD is way beyond my own :zombie: (and very very pleasant to the ear, of course! :Spin:

MC Hanner said:
If i´ve written the lead harmony, then i usually play it and the same way goes for andreas. Its as simple as that :cool:

how do u come up with new melodies?? is it like u just sit down and decide ur gonna create something or do u think about it loads before u actually pick up the guitar, and try and work it out in ur head?