Question About The Knowing

Doomfan73

New Metal Member
Dec 4, 2009
Being a fairly new fan of the band, I have come to the realization that I wish I'd discovered you guys years ago. I have decided to buy as many of your albums that I could get my hands on. I seem to be having some difficulty finding The Knowing album. Is it completely out of print or something, because every avenue I've tried the asking price is way above my budget? This album is the only one I need to complete my ND catalog. So does anybody have a good idea where I can purchase this album at a reasonable price? And if the album is out of print, does the band plan on re-releasing it in the future?

The Knowing has been out of print for some time now, BUT, we're working on it. The re-release will come out on The End in 2010, and if everything stays as planned, we will be re-mixng the entire CD for better production. We also know people like the original pressing, so the disc will be a double CD, and will include both the new version, and the original version of the recording.

FINALY!!! i have been waiting forever for you guys to re-release the knowing! any possibility of you guys finishing up those covers you started recording for INRI?

The Knowing has been out of print for some time now, BUT, we're working on it. The re-release will come out on The End in 2010, and if everything stays as planned, we will be re-mixng the entire CD for better production. We also know people like the original pressing, so the disc will be a double CD, and will include both the new version, and the original version of the recording.

Awesome bro, 2010 can't get here soon enough! :headbang:

FINALY!!! i have been waiting forever for you guys to re-release the knowing! any possibility of you guys finishing up those covers you started recording for INRI?

Yes, we'll finish those, but I doubt they will be included with The Knowing re-release. We're not entirely sure what to do with those yet... Perhaps an EP of sorts in the future... We'll see.

Awesome! This is the one ND album I don't have, and a package with the original and a remix/remaster would be really cool to see.

I know I've seen some artwork floating around for a live cd using the Novella Vosselar audio. Is there any news on a live album?

This is still my favorite ND album. Probably cuz it's the first one I heard.

Yeah it was my first experience with them too. I got into them finally after seeing a bunch of people rave about how damn good they were...and they were totally right! (Plus, this one girl who I used to be infatuated with liked em....so hell, it seemed only right lol).

I don't think I can say I have an overall "favorite album" by ND...favorite songs obviously, but EVERY album seems to be my favorite.

xmm interesting paul said that the knowing is out of print for a long time but l manage to find it from the record store which l am ordering cds

It has been out of print for a long time, it's true. Doesn't mean you can't possibly still find copies for sale out there, especially if it's from smaller shops who still have an unsold copy or two that they've likely had for years.

The Knowing was my first ND disc as well.
It sure is an arse kicker!

How about a special one-night-only performance of THE KNOWING in its entirety to celebrate the re-release???

Jason, you and your "play the whole cd live" thing, lol.....

Doing that album live in it's entirety would be really difficult, since for one thing it has female vox on it and that would just be a whole undertaking. Plus quite frankly, I don't know if the whole band would even be that interested in learning and playing that whole cd. I could see doing one of the last three cds in their entirety someday perhaps but those older records? Not so much.

We play Silent Tomorrow all the time now actually. It's become a regular staple in the live set for the last year or so. However playing songs like In Faith, Searching the Betrayal and Shadows Of Light might prove to be too annoying to bother with, lol.

I don't think any of our wives would be up for that task, frankly. Especially in a live setting.

We're happy to re-release "The Knowing" for the fans who want it and all that, don't get me wrong. But generally, I think we're kinda over it, if you understand my meaning. It represented a musical period of time that we don't feel much connection to anymore, we're far more interested and excited about playing new music and forging ahead. I still enjoy playing "Silent Tomorrow", and doing "Harmony Divine" last month at the Chicago show was fun. We've played "Awaken" and "The Day I Return" on tour in the recent past as well. So we'll always have some small sampling of that period in our sets, but performing the entire cd? Nah, I wouldn't count on it.

Now that we have Sasha back in the band though, it'd be interesting to try revisiting more tracks from "Of Sculptured Ivy..." though, perhaps trying out "Dawn Breaks" like Paul said...