Question about the New Singles

Kefka

New Metal Member
Dec 15, 2003
I don't know to what extent this has been covered here on the boards, I don't post here reguarly, so sorry if this has been beat to death allready or anything.

Are the 3 "BSide" tracks on the Taking the Music Back Single covers or Anthrax originals?

I just came across it in the Noize area, and this is news to me.

Taking the Music Back European single
1. Taking the Music Back
2. Ghost
3. Exit
4. Next To You
This enhanced CD also contained MPEG music videos of "Safe Home" and "Taking the Music Back."

Ghost is original, didn't make it on WCFYA for some reason.

Exit is a U2 cover, Next to You is a Police cover.

And if the What Doesn't Die single was out now, I could get it for Christmas because my husband actually asked me what I wanted, but I guess that's not going to happen. :bah:

GHOST is a fuckin fantastic song. It should have been on WCFYA. GREAT drum work and a smoking solo from Rob. It would have fit nicely in place of Strap it on........

And "Next to You" is sung by Frankie and is a really good cover song. One of Anthrax's best covers if you ask me.....

Anybody know the plans for the What Doesn't Die Single?

Anymore B Side material or new original work?

By the way, how the hell did Taking the Music Back get the nod for the second single anyway? Refuse to be Denied should have been the next single. Or Nobody knows anything. Or SuperHero.

I like the point of "Taking the music back", but I don't really dig the song. It is too repetitive. It's allright for what it is, but I don't think it is single material.

We heard some rumblings about the video, but nothing about the single.

I don't know why TTMB was the second single, either. Maybe because that's what they named the tour. That's the only reason I could come up with, because you're right: There are at least three other songs that would have been a better choice.

DarbysDad said:
For some reason Ghost reminds of the score music they did for Ghost of Mars.

What is that soundtrack like? Is it heavy music with guitars, drums and stuff, or is it more like a traditional movie score? Either way I need to check that out.

Cy its sounds like typical movie scores in some places but there are some scenes that have some heavy music in it. Dang I wish I could watch the movie now.

Reactions: CyThrax
I've got the Ghost of Mars DVD and soundtrack.

Anthrax only plays on 6 of the songs. One of which is a rewritten instrumental Version of Killing Box. I think it may be called Ghost Poppin'. Don't remember the names for sure. One song is called "Pam Grier's Head". Crazy stuff. heh heh heh

Reactions: CyThrax
I know we'e done this topic to death but I am still totally unclear and want clarification - where is Daltrey on TTMB - what vox does he do - ??