Question for the bay area people

Vic Rattlehead

Bonded By Blood
Jun 15, 2003
Chicago
Visit site
I have recently come upon the genious idea of going from Chicago to California for the Exodus release party, but then I remembered how it is 21+ and I'm only 18. Would this DNA Lounge most likely get past a fake Illinois ID? I would hate to go that far and not get in because I'm 18. Hell I don't even drink, I cannot pass up the chance of a 2 hour Exodus concert with the entire album being played and no opener!

And uhh is it possible to get around that area when being there for the first time ever without getting lost? I probably will just take a bus down there from Chicago and would like to just get everything as close together as possible, unless none of it works out anyway :lol: :ill:

Any club , bar, etc , in CA is pretty hip to fake id's and strongly enforce it. I honestly wouldn't risk it , that is a hell of a long way to go to get turned away. I'm from LA , but it's actually really easy to get around w/ the BART in SF(subway system), it takes you everywhere. I was just up there in October and got around ALL of SF w/o having to rent a car, it was cheap and easy.

Damn, that sucks about the ID part. Thanks for the quick reply though.

Edit- Oh yeah, I'm also about 6'8 and kinda have longish hair, would that help my cause at all?

Vic Rattlehead said:
Damn, that sucks about the ID part. Thanks for the quick reply though.

Edit- Oh yeah, I'm also about 6'8 and kinda have longish hair, would that help my cause at all?

Nah I dont think so. The only way you'll get in under 21 is if know you
know the bouncers working the door. I started barhopping in the bay area
when I was 19 because I knew bouncers and bartenders and musicians
and road crew But bouncers can spot fake ID's. pretty easily.

hiddenlegions knows what he's talking about. I wouldn't even chance it. Do not let the "show-off lunkhead" on this board encourage you to even try (this goes for you too, Pyrus).

Unless you are related to the band (son, daughter, etc.), and can prove it, you are shit outta luck!

Let me tell you a story.......one of our very own board members, decided to come to see Death Angel in Concord, Ca........he did not know it was a 21 & over show, well he never made it in......he flew all the way up here, got a hotel,
and could not get in the club........so use this lesson, as a factor, in making your decision.............:confused:

Everyone knows this story , :tickled: (well, the TL Regs, heh)

A friend of mine went up with me who is under 21, I am well Over 21 , but they would NOT let him in to the show. I tryed talking w/ Security to let him in, explained how far he had traveled etc etc , NO DICE , Feeling bad for my friend , I opt'd not to leave him outside like a dick , Hiddenlegions is good to his friends , haha:cool:

We still did lots of other cool stuff in the bay area so it wasn't a total loss.

So Vic , unless you can buy a beer legally , don't go :D :tickled:

hiddenlegions said:
...Feeling bad for my friend , I opt'd not to leave him outside like a dick , Hiddenlegions is good to his friends , haha:cool:

We still did lots of other cool stuff in the bay area so it wasn't a total loss.

So Vic , unless you can buy a beer legally , don't go :D :tickled:

You're a prime example of what a "good friend" is. Too bad 'most' people aren't like you.

Next time I go up to the bay , which will be THIS YEAR FOR SURE with all the great metal in 2004, I am gonna PARTY and have some fun !!! HAHAH

Thanks TL , I appreciate that. I told my friend , it's not the end of the world , I told him he will look back on that moment and laugh someday. Hah !

Testament Legions said:
hiddenlegions knows what he's talking about. I wouldn't even chance it. Do not let the "show-off lunkhead" on this board encourage you to even try (this goes for you too, Pyrus).

Unless you are related to the band (son, daughter, etc.), and can prove it, you are shit outta luck!

Hey, I wasn't planning on it. I look about 12, not 21. :bah:

Enjoy the show, you bastards...while I sit at home.

Alone.

In the dark.

In a corner.

Cold.

And emo.

Holy crap. I don't think I will be doing this then, since I was talking with some other guy and he said it wouldn't be hard at all, but everyone here has been saying just how terrible it would be, and obviously there is a reason for that. Thanks everybody.

Vic Rattlehead said:
Holy crap. I don't think I will be doing this then, since I was talking with some other guy and he said it wouldn't be hard at all, but everyone here has been saying just how terrible it would be, and obviously there is a reason for that. Thanks everybody.

It would be stupid to even chance it... especially when you'd be coming from so far away. Yeah, it sucks ass, but that's the law.

Man, how depressing. I'm so friggin old I can't even remember how long
it's been since I've been carded....for.....anything....

Pyrus said:
Hey, I wasn't planning on it. I look about 12, not 21. :bah:

Enjoy the show, you bastards...while I sit at home.

Alone.

In the dark.

In a corner.

Cold.

And emo.

now, life just isnt fair.
im 24, but i dont live in the bay area,
and you are under 21 and live there...

hmm... can i borrow your house for a night pyrus? :Spin: :Spin: