Question From The Band: What Do You Expect From The New Cd? Please Give Us Your Ideas

Marlies

veteran headbanger \m/
Jan 3, 2002
Regina, SK, Canada
www.wobben.org
"Since we wouldn't be here without our fans, we would like to know what you expect from the new CD, like the cover artwork, the music, the theme, the titles.. anything. Give us your ideas!

Todde"

Well, I for one hope that Jan Meininghaus will do the cover again, and for the music.. I hope it stays thrashy and crunchy, other than that, all will be great - as long as it's typical BS! :D :worship:
xxx Marlies

First, like Soulburner I think a band should compose what THEY want, not what we want ;)
But if we're asked some ideas then I'll try to think about it eheh...

So I'd like a well balanced album like Ambiguity (still my favorite) but with the "balls" of Metus Mortis if you know what I mean :D
I don't care about a ballad, but I strongly wish at least one long and epic song in the vein of "Beyond My Destiny", pure magic!!
"Weakness sows its Seed" is also wonderful, what a feeling.....hey guys you can create great atmospheres when you want to! :cool:
Andy's voice is outstanding, agressive and full of emotions at the same time, they should explore it as far as they can ;)
Keep also the exciting "natural" drumming, nooooo "generic" drums sound like all those finish bands...

Of course there will be a sequel to their "exotic" heavy crushing songs like Marhaja Palace and Checkmate in Red, I LOVE them!!
Don't forget some in-your-face speedy assaults with gang vocals and killer leads, plus a few surprises and it would be an incredible album :)

And what about a Metal Church cover as a bonus track? "Start the Fire" would be cool!

About the cover art, well without a global theme I have no special ideas, but something a bit dark is fine IMO, it fits well to BS music which is sooooo powerful. I'm glad they're different from all the actual Helloween clones, Helloween is one of my fave bands but I'm bored of this happy-happy Metal trend.... :eek:

Whatever BS do it will surely blow our ears, so my main wish would be some more diversity in the album!

Always stay HEAVY!!!! :headbang:

Flo

I would like a logical progression of the 2 albums I've heard (last 2). Perhaps a little bit of length and some possibly more "epic" songs? No, not Rhapsody epic. One of those bands is enough :D

@d-nurse: stop imposing as a girl!! :D

@fangface: exactly.. typical BS stuff!:) About the happy-happy metal trend - I'm allergic to it! :yuk: :puke:

@markgugs: One of those bands is too much!! :D
I think Rhapsody is the band I dislike the most of all power metal bands, brrrrr :yuk: Nothing personal, just can't stand the style..

@Markgugs : agreed! :)
And right, Rhapsody is NO epic. It's "spectacular" Metal, because real Epic Metal is Warlord, Manilla Road, Candlemass, DoomSword...

@Marlies : yeah typical in a way eheh, and I'd like another digipack! :D

Originally posted by Marlies
@d-nurse: stop imposing as a girl!! :D
:lol:
hehe.....well, why not another BS Metal Girl? :lol:

But back to the topic:
I whole-heartedly agree with soulburner!

I wrote in the update thread that I was quite surprised BS are asking us about how the record should be like but well......it's just gathering ideas and feelings.

Flo talked about a "more long and epic song in the vein of Beyond my destiny" - I guess that is something a lot of people have in mind. I remember we had this discussion on the old board some time ago (but with not so many ppl ;) ) and I believe I read some reviews where ppl missed a track like that as well.
I can't say I really missed it but it would definitely be very fine with me! :)

And, something which is somehow connected to the release of the new album: I want a headliner tour!!!!!! :headbang: Don't you think it's about time for that? I really hope so.
I'm impatiently waiting for the day I get to see you guys on stage for more than one hour...... *sigh*

Originally posted by Gaunerin

:lol:
hehe.....well, why not another BS Metal Girl? :lol:

:lol: I kinda like being married to a MAN though ;)

But back to the topic:
I wrote in the update thread that I was quite surprised BS are asking us about how the record should be like but well......it's just gathering ideas and feelings.

exactly.. they want the fans to interact with them. But they'd never do anything because somebody else told them so.. they were never like that and I don't think that will start now ;)

Flo talked about a "more long and epic song in the vein of Beyond my destiny" - I guess that is something a lot of people have in mind. I remember we had this discussion on the old board some time ago (but with not so many ppl ;) ) and I believe I read some reviews where ppl missed a track like that as well.
I can't say I really missed it but it would definitely be very fine with me! :)

I am SURE that almost all the fans would LOVE to hear something in that vein again!! I know I would! Face Down has a bit of that atmosphere though.

And, something which is somehow connected to the release of the new album: I want a headliner tour!!!!!! :headbang: Don't you think it's about time for that? I really hope so.
I'm impatiently waiting for the day I get to see you guys on stage for more than one hour...... *sigh*

ME TOO!!!! No gig from those 21 times I saw them was longer than one hour I think :cry: :bah:

Originally posted by Cornholio
not too trashy I hope ... and I kinda miss the catchy tunes and melodies ... :rolleyes:

Brainstorm wouldn't be Brainstorm without the thrashy foundation and I don't think they ever let the melodies get out of their sight. But the chorusses are sometimes almost too catchy for me. But regardless of my taste, I think the thrashy/crunchy side is the strongest part of BS (or actually the combination of that with the melodies), and makes them so special esp. in the German metal scene. I want that kick in the ass.. it's what metal is all about :D

Originally posted by Cornholio
Poor Marlies *hug*

Hey, I haven't seen them at all !!! :eek: :( :eek:

Waahaha, yeah I needed that, I'm feeling so sorry for myself :lol:

It's about time you get to see them then!!! They have been in Offenbach several times.. but it'll be quieter now for a while.. until the next CD:)

Brainstorm wouldn't be Brainstorm without the thrashy foundation and I don't think they ever let the melodies get out of their sight. But the chorusses are sometimes almost too catchy for me.

are you talking about "Perception of Life" or "Hollow Hideaway"? ;)

But regardless of my taste, I think the thrashy/crunchy side is the strongest part of BS (or actually the combination of that with the melodies), and makes them so special esp. in the German metal scene. I want that kick in the ass.. it's what metal is all about

exactly!

Brainstorm - live in Offenbach 7.10.00

grrrrrr Marlies, don't tempt me with your Brainstorm bootlegs! :mad: :D

hum.........I've got a lot from other bands if you want to trade.... :rolleyes: :saint: :)

Originally posted by Fangface

are you talking about "Perception of Life" or "Hollow Hideaway"? ;)

grrrrrr Marlies, don't tempt me with your Brainstorm bootlegs! :mad: :D
hum.........I've got a lot from other bands if you want to trade.... :rolleyes: :saint: :)

Exactly those kind of songs, yeah ;) The usual slightly happy last tunes on the CDs, favorites to many, are the less favorites one for me :D But a song like Hollow Hideaway turns out to be a cool sing-along-song live :headbang:

Bootlegs: I only collect some from my very favorite bands (Brainstorm, Evergrey, Eidolon, Into Eternity), but we'll work something out :D
Even though band and recordlabel may have (business) problems with it, I'm glad I'm finally getting my hands on some BS ones. As a famous and dear Bay Area manager (Debbie Abono) once told me back in the 80's: "a band hasn't made it until there are bootlegs" :cool: :headbang: