What do you expect / want to hear from the new line-up?

Sep 30, 2005
This forum has been pretty dead lately, so I thought I'd try to liven it up a little with some discussion. What kind of stuff do you guys want to hear or expect to hear from the new line up? I'm expecting and hoping to hear:

• more blastbeats
  • more of that awesome cold new agey key patch we used to hear back on tracks like Song For The Fells, Until We Reach the Shore, Through the Ice Age, etc
  • more complex drum sections/ time signatures like some 5/4 grooves
  • more key solos
  • more acoustic / bluesy sections because that solo on Winter's Sting is so good (also Behind the Glass had some nice bluesy parts in the solos)
  • songs over 7 minutes!:headbang:

What kind of stuff would you guys like to hear?

lets see, I would like to see more growls, (not overboard, but a few more songs like to excel... and black winged goddess), more blues influenced solo's, longer songs, more complex drums and you know? I really hope they don't go over board on the key solos.

I don't think they should go overboard on the key solos, but whenever they used to show up they were awesome. Until We Reach the Shores has an excellent one, and whenever there's a guitar solo and keyboard solo in a song together (Conqueror, Towards the Hidden Sanctum, Kiuassault), it always makes the song feel that much more epic and complete.

I'd also love to see the return of the Actic String Quartet, but that really has nothing to do with the new lineup :err:

it seems as though a lot of them are, but usually ilja was the one that made them so for me.

it seems as though a lot of them are, but usually ilja was the one that made them so for me.

Asim is an ABLE SEAMAN as well...did i just say...HAHAHAHAHA...ok, that's very childish, sorry guys. Music keeps you young. Too young.

Anyway, all your requests have been noted. Of course we're no jukebox but I certainly agree with many of your suggestions...stay tuned and have patience, it'll be a while still! :Smokedev:

thanks for stopping by mikko, I think Asim is sounding fantastic from the live vids I have seen, I'm still getting used to the idea of not hearing Ilja on the next record.

haha, nice Mikko

BTW, what are your thoughts on the new Conan movie coming out? Looking forward to it? Dreading it? Gonna make a Conan concept album that will blow the movie out of the water?