Quick food question.

SocialNumb

Damn Christians!
Aug 15, 2006
Boyton, WPB, FL
I'm having a guest over this afternoon and I promised to make her breaded chicken breast with some of my moms good (I don't know how mom makes it) mushroom cheese topping. I prepared it last night using italian bread crumbs and egg to stick it with. Well now I'm wondering if it's safe to eat. It's raw chicken coated in egg and bread crumbs left in the fridge over night. Is it safe to cook and eat?

It's been a while since I handled meat, eggs and cheese.

Thanks.

as long as you cook it and it isn't rare anymore it's safe, all the bacteria from the egg and the
salmonellae die due to the heat, you could roast it in a pan for example from one side to get
a nice roasted flavor and than put it in the oven to get it well-done (chicken has to be well
done, believe me, it doesn't taste good rare, it doesn't feel good and if you get salmonellae
it will feel even worse :D )

and to add a little "yahoo answers" thing-source:
15 years cooking experience (everyday), 4 years nutrition science in high school and way too
many doctors that I know.

Hmm, well I'm planning on deep frying it. Cooks really fast (thin breast slices) and gets really crisp. I'm not eating it personally but I don't want to kill her either. It's just the egg part that worries me some. Chicken came straight from the store, I prepared it quickly and put it straight into the fridge.

if the eggs were contaminated with salmonellae it's all over the meat anyways now ;)
but if you deep fry it, it doesn't matter at all, as long as it isn't rare anymore everything
is fine, the crisp on top will be ok as soon as the meat is well done so it won't matter.

you won't kill her anyways, if she gets salmonellae (I am 100% sure she won't) she's
going to have a few bad days, maybe 2-4 in hospital, but that's it, you feel like shit
but it won't kill you.

Personally I would make that shit fresh and not take the risk .

/\ whoops I guess you already fed her !

:D Plans for a second meal are already in the making. Apparently she had a good time. I must tread carefully. I don't need anymore "baby mamas".

Oh and thanks Dan. ;)