Qustion for Mikael?

jon1

New Metal Member
Jun 2, 2007
I was wondering if I am the only one hearing this, but mr. Akesson's guitar solos sound like Richie Blackmore. I am a huge Blackmore fan, and it is hard not to notice.:Smokin:

Not targeting this thread particularly, but the amount of 'hey Mikael..' threads in the past 2 weeks has been ridiculous

Not targeting this thread particularly, but the amount of 'hey Mikael..' threads in the past 2 weeks has been ridiculous

I know. Don't these guys realize that he's not going to respond? Not saying he's a jerk, but he can't respond to 80 threads all asking different things.

Hilarious stuff Lightbulb and Illidan :lol:

Yeah If I was Mike I'd prefer to maintain celebrity posts (pun intended). I'd actually be disappointed if he posted more than once every often. It's like lucky dip, today I got Mikael post on forum eh!

Hilarious stuff Lightbulb and Illidan :lol:

Yeah If I was Mike I'd prefer to maintain celebrity posts (pun intended). I'd actually be disappointed if he posted more than once every often. It's like lucky dip, today I got Mikael post on forum eh!

:lol:

I was actually thinking the same thing. Every time Mike posts he gets my hopes up for another one, but I usually have to wait a week. It's cool, because it's more than worth it.

One question I seriously want to know is, what contemporary bands within metal is Mike into. I know pretty much all his prog and traditional metal influences. He has been asked before and he basically says he isn't hugely into contemporary metal, but he has also said he still listens to contemporary metal, just a lot of the bands in his opinion are bad. Fair enough, just curious if he is into bands like Dso, Negura Bunget, Esoteric, Alcest, Wittr, Enslaved, Akercocke, Agalloch and even Ulver or contemporary folk bands like Tenhi for example. I mean I could keep rolling names out, but those would be some of the few specific ones. I saw Per had Kenose in his playlist on the Opeth.com bio of him which was pretty awesome. I have assumed he doesn't want to give his opinion on current bands because almost everything he says is scrutinized and questioned. While there are shitloads of horrible "metal" bands atm, there are a fair few fantastic ones, just wondering which active bands he follows within metal.