R.I.P. - Teemu 'Somnium' Raimoranta

dawnghost said:
like I care for Teemu

what a load of bullshit

dude, that was totally uncalled for. people are mourning the death of one of their favorite musicians. dont be such a fucking prick.

if you dont have anything nice to say.......dont say anything at all.

Taken from Blabbermouth.net:

FINNTROLL, IMPALED NAZARENE, CHILDREN OF BODOM To Perform At Memorial Concert - Mar. 20, 2003
FINNTROLL, IMPALED NAZARENE, and CHILDREN OF BODOM will partake in a memorial concert for FINNTROLL/IMPALED NAZARENE guitarist Teemu "Somnium" Raimoranta on Tuesday, March 25 at Nosturi in Helsinki. Tickets will be priced at 15 euros, with all proceeds going to Teemu's family to cover various expenses. Raimoranta's funeral will be held on Saturday, March 29 in Helsinki.

As previously reported, Raimoranta died Sunday morning (March 16) from injuries sustained in an accidental fall he took while intoxicated. Teemu was 25 years old.

Rest in Peace

Yes, I heard about it before... I think its a wonderful act done by the bands to honor the memory of somnium and help his family. I would have liked to be there myself but the distance and my non-existing money makes it .. impossible :(

I truly hope Nosturi will be absolutely crowded that night!!!! Go all you who can

The best way to remember him through the music he loved so much... I'd really like to go there also...but my distance is even bigger than Johanna's...:cry: My two fav bands will playing there for a memory of my fav guitarist and I cannot make it...injustice rules the world...:cry:

But I hope, even if things will never be the same again with Finntroll, that this gig will kick some ass! He deserves it...

i also wish i could be there
crap.gif
... if i only had the time and money

Spinefarm press release

"As most of you already know, Teemu "Somnium" Raimoranta (born 19.5.1977),
the guitar player of both Finntroll and Impaled Nazarene, died in Helsinki
on Sunday the 16th of March in an unfortunate falling accident.

Spinefarm now raises a call for photographs of Somnium. If you have any
self-taken photographs of Somnium that you'd like to share with his family,
either as printed photos or in an electronic form, please send us copies
either by post or by e-mail. We will then forward the pictures to Teemu's
family.

Please send your photographs together with your contact information by
e-mail to: ahven@spinefarm.fi
or by post to:
Spinefarm Records
Attn: Nelli
Fredrikinkatu 71
00100 Helsinki
FINLAND

All help is greatly appreciated, and we and Teemu's family thank all of you
in advance! "

My pics are already on their way to Helsinki..

dawnghost: you are a fucking idiot and should shut that hole on you face up! ignorant bastard...you should have died, not him...fuck...

@Anneke: mine too...but I sent them to Samuli...(some rare pics)

He fell of from Kaisaniemi brigde to ice in Helsinki, at night between saturday/sunday and died later in hospital with his injuries. Teemu will be buried 27th march in helsinki.
The place is near Tuska festival area, so if you come to tuska next summer I think you should visit there.

The news were at frontpage of magazine Iltasanomat. Its quite popular finnish news magazine. It was bigger news than Iraq war!!!!
Once again, RIP-Teemu.

@BurningAngel: thank you for sharing this with us :cry: but it also means it was painful for him...this was the only thing I didn't want...:cry:

I'll surely visit his grave in the summer...and of course it is bigger than the Iraq news, he's worth is much bigger than this fucking war...

alright Nina, maybe you're right.

but this thread is too much for me, "who cries is weak, so sorry Teemu I am weak" :yuk:

as that bitch NV once said, lots of people die everyday, starve to death, what do you do to change that?

now that guy had an accident, and alcohol was involved.

so whatever, another one bites the dust. had to happen someday.