Racism in Europe

Mischievous

Jun 24, 2002
Sweden
What`s happening about racism and metal in Europe. I`m from Chile, and here is very common to listen about scandinavian bands with racist topics.

I`m talking about what´s happening now, because we know about tha last succsess (tha black metal mafia, and others):mad:

umm.... I haven't noticed anything, except the right wing politicians are getting success, but they're kind of on the border to be counted as racist or not. Racist bands are very small minority of all the bands, and I don't see any extraordinary success with them here or elsewhere in Europe. It's pretty bad generalization if you think that racism is out on the wild in Europe, just because people listen racist European bands in South America.

Originally posted by Mischievous
What`s happening about racism and metal in Europe. I`m from Chile, and here is very common to listen about scandinavian bands with racist topics.

I`m talking about what´s happening now, because we know about tha last succsess (tha black metal mafia, and others):mad:

hehe...dunno where you get it from. I never heard of racist bands from norway. They are easely shipped out of our country, or shoved down in really underground movements.

I am sorry there is alot where I am living know, they are very seragated here.
I do not beleive in it!!!!!
we are all the same.

On the back of Darkthrone's "Transilvanian hunger" the slogan "Norsk Arisk black metal" is written. It means "Norwegian arian black metal". Although they said the meaning of the words got lost in the translation, I know what it means, as I'm from Denmark. I think they're a good band, but I don't like that nazi-shit! I also get e-mails from someone called Stafa and when I have ordered some stuff from them they send along small flyers and shit whit slogans like "The future of our race lies in the hands of just 2% of the earth's population. Only 2% of the earth's population is white aryan females in their birthgiving age.." - Stafa Organisation and there's a pic of a little white girl with blond hair. I think one of them (or both) are in a band called Skjold or maybe it's Blodarv, I'm not sure. I haven't heard their music, but I think it's stupid they send out racist shit like those flyers!
As I said in another thread, I think, I think it's just as stupid people having lyrics about satanism and shit. People eat those lyrics raw too and say "Hey, Dark Funeral sings about that Satan dude, I think I'll look into that!". I got caught up in Northern Mythology and I wouldn't have done that, if it wasn't for black metal dudes making lyrics about it! Let's face it, more or less all people who are into satanism and stuff like that listen to metal music and I think that's proof enough for me!
But anyway, here in Denmark there's a political party called "Dansk folkeparti", which means "Danish peoples party" or something. They're the most rightwinged party in our parliament. To me and a lot of other people they're racists, but they're the third largest political party here in Denmark!
Hey TheEmperor, I think it's pretty weird if you haven't noticed anything as the European Union had sanctions against your neighbours, Austria, because of Jörg Haider's rightwing party.

so far every song ive made has racism in it.....i think its pretty funny
coolsquare.gif
icon14.gif

I don't think racism is becoming a remotely serious matter in Europe. All countries and areas around the world have minority group racists of some sort. And Europe, for the most part now, is relatively more tolerate of foreigners, as compared to previous decades, which has something to do with world interdependence (economic and political values impact social values as well).

It´s sad, but in Chile there is a strong racism against people from the rest of Latin America, specially from Peru and Bolivia. By the other side you can see they consider the people from Europe like "supperior"

Originally posted by Mischievous
By the other side you can see they consider the people from Europe like "supperior"

we are superior. after all we conquered you and not vice versa ;)

By a long time, christianism has conquered and dominated a very important piece of the world and people´s mind. And I don´t think that christianism be superior...

Some years ago some right wing parties had a fairly good chance to enter a few regional parliaments in Germany. They would still have been an insignificant minortity, but still...

Well, a TV network went out and made some interviews with the people who where on these parties´ lists for the parliaments.
At least the network tried to.
99% of these right wing guys showed so much stupidity in these interviews that their parties lost BIG TIME in the elections!

Originally posted by InFlames101
I don't think racism is becoming a remotely serious matter in Europe. All countries and areas around the world have minority group racists of some sort. And Europe, for the most part now, is relatively more tolerate of foreigners, as compared to previous decades, which has something to do with world interdependence (economic and political values impact social values as well).

I agree here!

Originally posted by Board

Hey TheEmperor, I think it's pretty weird if you haven't noticed anything as the European Union had sanctions against your neighbours, Austria, because of Jörg Haider's rightwing party.

Sure I heard about that, there are always a few idiots. What I meant was that there isn't a big problem with racism here in Europe. Well maybe I should speak for Switzerland, since I don't know what's going on in the rest of Europe. Here in Switzerland we don't have any problems.

"Norwegian arian black metal". Although they said the meaning of the words got lost in the translation, I know what it means, as I'm from Denmark. I think they're a good band, but I don't like that nazi-shit! I also get e-mails from someone called Stafa and when I have ordered some stuff from them they send along small flyers and shit whit slogans like "The future of our race lies in the hands of just 2% of the earth's population.

The Aryans and the Germans are nowhere near related. The languages might have a common origin in the Indo-European family but the Persians and the Afghans are more kinned to the Aryan than the Germans.

Besides racism is stupid. I live in the Southern part of the US and I run into this shit all the time. Both Black and White people can be racist. I think it is time to get over it and move on.

:Spam:

I have, I think it is the first Korrozia Metalla cd a friend of mine from RUssia copied for me. it's really great metal!!
According to him, it's before they were nazi's or whatever, but I wouldn't know cause I can't understand the russian language lyrics. But it is good.

Originally posted by WolfRaven
I live in Russia and there are many racist and skinhead metal bands like "Kolovrat" or "Korrozia Metalla" and they are very popular between skinheads.