Radial pro RMP

RichMinerva

New Metal Member
Jul 27, 2009
What is te major differences between the passive and active models? I'm looking at buying one in the next few days and just fancied some opinions, and I have a budget of about 130 pounds tops since I'm just a hobbyist. Or any other suggestions would be welcomed :)

I wondered the same thing. All i know is that the active one requires a power supply. Just got the passive one for christmas but couldnt try it yet as it requires a balanced xlr to jack cable. On this note, does anybody know if it makes a difference if I used a normal unbalanced microphone lead?

The active version let's you send two signals out rather than one I've gone with the passive version since I'm on a budget, ATM I dont need anything better.

I haven't had a single complaint against my ProRMP since I got it ages ago, tons of reamps with it and hasn't let me down yet, it's the regular passive one. When Marcus did a shootout of reampers I sent him my RMP and it faired totally fine against the others in the shootout.

I haven't had a single complaint against my ProRMP since I got it ages ago, tons of reamps with it and hasn't let me down yet, it's the regular passive one. When Marcus did a shootout of reampers I sent him my RMP and it faired totally fine against the others in the shootout.

Now THAT'S the answer I was looking for, thank you 006 you have made my evening

I'm having a fair bit of stick actually,

Basically I'm using logic and sending it out of a mono track and mono output yet it still sounds thin compared to the guitar.. Even though the guitar was used to record the di's I'm trying

The analog output should be at +4dBu. With most presumer interfaces the ouput level is too low for proper reamping.
Check your manual for output level. Use a balanced cable from the output of the interface into the reamping box.
If it still sounds thinner then the guitar played directly through the amp, then push the level of the output channel.
This should work

I had even problems with my digi003 and the xamp.
(sold the digi003 after that and went the high-end route)

The analog output should be at +4dBu. With most presumer interfaces the ouput level is too low for proper reamping.
Check your manual for output level. Use a balanced cable from the output of the interface into the reamping box.
If it still sounds thinner then the guitar played directly through the amp, then push the level of the output channel.
This should work

I had even problems with my digi003 and the xamp.
(sold the digi003 after that and went the high-end route)

Anologue output 4dbu ?! :/

I've got a profire 2626 and I'm a complete noob haha

This should work

I agree with you with the level, especially with a the pro RMP that normally loses some level due to its passive design.

But it made me wonder what has been said on the RME forum
http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=9112
Does he mean put the output to -10 without using a reamp box or what?

Professional audio-systems always use +4dBu.
Hook up your reamp box with an balanced cable and turn the volume nob till it sounds like you are playing through the amp.

@ichigoueda: check out your manual. I would bet my ass on it, that you can change the output voltage in the m-audio 2626 settings. You can do that on every half- and professional interface.

Professional audio-systems always use +4dBu.
Hook up your reamp box with an balanced cable and turn the volume nob till it sounds like you are playing through the amp.

@ichigoueda: check out your manual. I would bet my ass on it, that you can change the output voltage in the m-audio 2626 settings. You can do that on every half- and professional interface.

sorry bro you cant change the output voltage in the 2626 :/

well i turned the pro rmps nob up until it was the same volume as the guitar yet still it sounded thinnner :/

i dont know what to do now

Man I dunno what the issue could be, I run my RMP with a 2626 as well it sounds fine over here :\