Radiohead - In Rainbows...?

Lethe78

Expired candle
Jan 19, 2002
New Hampshire
Visit site
Anyone have it yet? If so, what do you think?

I wasn't expecting much, since I usually get into a band as they start to put out their "less than great" music. For example, after I got into Metallica, the Black album came out. After I got into Megadeth, Countdown to Extinction. After I got into In Flames, they put out Colony (amongst a slew of other SHIT). After Tristania, they released World of Glass. Luckily, Radiohead and Katatonia (they put out Discouraged Ones before I got into them) have yet to disappoint.

After listening to it once all the way through, I already have 4 tunes that stick out to me. 2 of which I already knew since they were a little older and the band only played them live. I don't think it will be another OK Computer to me, but I think it will be a great cd after I listen to it a few times and decide what I really think. It is definately a little different than other Radiohead cds, and at first reminded me more of Thom Yorke's solo album, but it is still Radiohead, and you can tell that. Unlike other bands we shall not mention.

I can't remember if there are many Radiohead fans over hear or not, but I figured I would share my opinion of it. If you like Radiohead, definately get this cd.

I wasn't aware Radiohead already had another album coming out. I liked Thom Yorke's solo album, but I could never quite get into Radiohead, to be honest. If it's similar to Thom Yorke's solo album, like you seem to think, then I might actually check this one out.

It's good but not great. It's too much like radiohead lite meaning thom york solo album almost. They said they were going to do a dark gospel record which would have been amazing so thats why I was disappointed due to how stripped down, and up beat the majority of the cd is. It's definitely easy listening so its good for that. Ok comp of course is their peak, but hail to the thief was up there. Two songs that stuck out to me are reckoner and jigsaw falling into place.

Too little rock, too soothing and not as dark as i had hoped.

Still pretty good, but Hail to the thief owns this new one.

I have been into Radiohead for a long while, and own all of their albums (and thensome). This is a good one as well, which doesn't surprise me, but I have only listened to it once so far.

Interesting also is the way they have released it -- the album can be purchased for download via www.inrainbows.com (an official site), and the price is entirely up to you -- be it £0 or £100. Whatever it's worth to you. It's also available as in a disc box format (to be released in December) that has 2 CDs and 2 LPs. I'm waiting for that to be available domestically. This is definitely not a move that I expected, but I think it's kind of cool.

I love this album front-to-back. I never really listened to them before, so I can't compare it to anything else of theirs (which I guess is a good thing, considering the comments). I guess I'll start working my way back.