Rammstein & U2 in SA

zeppelin

pǝƃuɐq ǝq ɹo ƃuɐq
Jun 8, 2004
Johannesburg - South Africa
The Rammstein show was absolutely flawless, I know they’re not every one’s cup of tea (especially in here) but I just had to share. The whole show was filled with pyro-techniques and the sound wasn’t bad either, I think they’re just one of those bands that know how to entertain, they were professional and they rocked hard.

Ram4.jpg

Ram5.jpg

Ram3.jpg

Ram2-1.jpg

Ram1-1.jpg

U2 – Let me tell you this, nothing you can capture on a phone camera (which is what all these photos were taken on) or a video cam, can make you grasp the awesomeness and engineering of that stage, not to even mention the sound.
So I got free tickets, sue me for watching U2, or tell me it’s inappropriate in the metal forum. They played in one of the stadiums that was build for the world cup, 98,000 people attended.
Sad to say that the show was spoiled a bit by Bono’s politics and miss informed statements, I wish these guys that are always so opinionated would stick to what they came here to do, and that’s to make music.
All and all a good weekend.

u20.jpg

yours truely with the stadium in the back ground

u21.jpg

u22.jpg

u25.jpg

u24.jpg

u26.jpg

awesome boet. Went to Rammstein too, parked in the GS in front of the sound tower. awesome view of an Awesome show ... best I've ever seen. Felt like invading Poland after that ...

Gave U2 a skip, not that into politics.