random chat thread

man... i want setlist, a review, photos, all!!!!!!!! please!!!!! :kickass:

It is planed! I am waiting from an answer from the friend that I'm going with to see if we are going to be able to hang out after the concert and try and meet the band (he most probably has to work the next day, and he's not at all into metal, but I offered him to come with me to thank him for hosting me) so I might be able to get some more info and nice photos! (and ask them to sign my "The final chapter" tape :kickass: the most original thing I could think of from my small collection :heh:)

I might not be able to do a review right away though, I have loads of exams and stuff right now so it might have to wait a bit ;)

Otherwise other than metal I listen to the Beatles, Queen, and Classical music (Beethoven, Mozart, Vivaldi, Chopin and stuff like that) mainly

Yep, should be able to post setlist and photos when I get back to the UK (tuesday 26th, evening)

Never seen them live unfortunately.:cry:
Pretty much only listen to Metal. The 'softest' I've got is Dream Theater.

So i walk into some random music store on Saturday and check whether they've got any metal. No cds so i'm on my way out and I notice a KISS DVD. I take a closer look at the DVDs and BEHOLD!!! Hypocrisy destroys Wacken DVD! Good price as well. Got it and watched it @ 12h30 in the morning after a braai. :headbang:

I'm from Iowa, the midwestern part of the US. Basically it's bumfuck nowhere.

I haven't seen Hypocrisy yet, but I'm hoping to catch them on the U.S. tour.

Some favorte bands of mine are,

Aborted
Krisiun
Behemoth
Grave
The Gathering
Katatonia
Bathory
Dark Funeral
Marduk
Enslaved
Dream Theater
Evergrey

The list goes on, but it's Monday and I can't think just yet.

Lame! I was wanting to meet Sorceron. Then I could claim awesomeness with meeting a member from Aborted and Abigail Williams on the same day. :p

OK, but I also read that you own the village or is that not true?
Peter: Yeah, that’s the village.

How is it possible? Owing a village?
Peter: Well, you know, it started off rating (?) an apartment there, in a house and also rating a place for my studio. And the more I grow, the more space I needed so I started rating more rooms from this house, more and more then I was asked to buy the house where the apartments was in (en gros) and that just kept on going like that, so at the end I just buy the all shit.

I read this thing on a french forum a few minutes ago...does peter really own a village or is my english too bad and i misunderstood something?

Well I'm pretty sure he said "renting" instead of "rating". :loco:

With quite some people living there it might be big enough to be considered as a village. I guess everyone hanging up in that village is ok with him being the mayor or something. The swedish government is probably a bit more relaxed and flexible when it comes to such things. I don't know...

I think there is about 20-30 people renting places there, Peter just get's paid the rent and let's them live their lives

As far as I know, the town/village is called Pärlby, and there's about 100 people living there. Peter owns it, runs it, decides who gets to live there and whatnot. At least that's what I read in some interview a while ago, where he talked about being able to "keep the freaks out of his village" or something.

I found "Pärlby vägskäl" with Google Maps.

Try "Pärlbyvägen" ;)

2130809864_bc8d882dde.jpg

Some dudes went there and took a load of photos back in 2007, nice shit!

I had seen that picture set but forgot to bookmark it. Very cool indeed for the rest of us who wonder about how the kingdom looks! :lol: