Random Photo Thread

When I think about Romania I'm thinking about Cuza, the awesome Constantin Brancusi, the fact that I had some of the best deserts there, all those Romanian jews who moved to Israel,
Romania food is great (they even make awesome baklava!) and the fact that for some reason, most Romanias on IRC back in the day would insist of typing like this:

<random Romanian dude> Hi, you like metal???????????????????????

<Random Romanian #2> I AM THE KING OF METAKLLLLLLL

<Random_Romanian_3> hahahahahahahaha jajajajajajaja I am metal head

Anyone else here is an IRC old-schooler and remember those? :lol:
Other than that, great country.

When I think about Romania I'm thinking about Cuza, the awesome Constantin Brancusi, the fact that I had some of the best deserts there, all those Romanian jews who moved to Israel,
Romania food is great (they even make awesome baklava!) and the fact that for some reason, most Romanias on IRC back in the day would insist of typing like this:

<random Romanian dude> Hi, you like metal???????????????????????

<Random Romanian #2> I AM THE KING OF METAKLLLLLLL

<Random_Romanian_3> hahahahahahahaha jajajajajajaja I am metal head

Anyone else here is an IRC old-schooler and remember those? :lol:
Other than that, great country.

Well you can't blame me for thinking that when most foreigners I've talked to don't even know Romania is a country. Not their fault I guess, we suck at putting ourselves out there. Glad to hear all that, I'm impressed:).

I've been to Romania once in my life before and I actually really liked it. I've only been there for one weekend, and it was too short. I need to go back and spend more time there.
There are also so many Romanians in Israel (I moved to the US from there) that the food, some slang words, and culture are a part of life there :)

Krig: yeah Lurch and his yellow Speedos are a true Romanian image in my brain :lol:

New phone today !! Woot!

nexus.JPG

So this is where I live.The nicer parts at least. The bad parts do look similar to the imagery in Eurotrip.
IMG_0310.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0307.jpg

IMG_0101_1.jpg

IMG_0687.jpg

Timisoara_-_Piata_Unirii_The_Dome_a.jpg

timisoara-1.jpg

Some cool stuff there. Great architecture in the last three for sure! For some reason the statue in the second to last pic reminds me of the art for the latest Behemoth album :lol:

Took these today before our hike. This is from a small park right across the street from my friend's place.

lilsi01.jpg

lilsi02.jpg

My favorite pic from the hike:

lilsi21.jpg