Random picture thread

Shrek.gif

Its as green as tut used to be :lol::lol:

There! I just took a few minutes to scan these 2 things for you guys now that I've finished my exams.

demonstration1.jpg

And since you guys needed something that would seem weird (such as 4 = 5)... Here's this for ya!
demonstration2.jpg

Notice that what that means is that 0.999999999999999... is EXACTLY (not approximately) the same thing as 1. Have fun! :p

DarkMare said:
There! I just took a few minutes to scan these 2 things for you guys now that I've finished my exams.

demonstration1.jpg

And since you guys needed something that would seem weird (such as 4 = 5)... Here's this for ya!
demonstration2.jpg

Notice that what that means is that 0.999999999999999... is EXACTLY (not approximately) the same thing as 1. Have fun! :p
0.33333333 isn't the same as 1/3, if the number of 3's is not infinite
The second line:
0.999999... = 3 * 0.3333333...
is not correct

Raistlin1980 said:
0.33333333 isn't the same as 1/3, if the number of 3's is not infinite
And what I mean there does have an infinite amount of digits. Hence the 0.999999... (I did forget to put the ... on the first line though :p). I just didn't use 0.3(3) and 0.9(9) because I'm not sure if everyone uses that notation.

:lol:
Oh christ, you guys have been really bored haven't you :p

Darkmare, haha, dude you didn't have to write up and scan the explanation for that first one, it was pretty clear from before.
well BodomiC was still arguing with you like a jackass.. but I think he gets it too afterall :p

Alright I'll play along:
Darkmare said:
And thus, 0.9(9) = 0.3(3)
Yeah.. that's blatantly incorrect
try again :p

MagSec4 said:
well BodomiC was still arguing with you like a jackass.. but I think he gets it too afterall :p

Yeah.. that's blatantly incorrect
try again :p
That's why I solved that one correctly :p

It's correct, grrrr :p

Are you sure that you can apply that thing about 'Summatory(many things) = Summatory (thing1) + summatory(thing2) + etc' when dealing with infinities?
I'm not sure. There must be some theorem about that somewhere *searching*

Raistlin1980 said:
Are you sure that you can apply that thing about 'Summatory(many things) = Summatory (thing1) + summatory(thing2) + etc' when dealing with infinities?
I'm not sure. There must be some theorem about that somewhere *searching*
Yeah, you can :p Besides, the interior of the summatory is just an expression. What it means is that you sum an expression an infinite number of times.

DarkMare said:
Yeah, you can :p Besides, the interior of the summatory is just an expression. What it means is that you sum an expression an infinite number of times.
Yes, i know what a summatory is. I just thought that there might be an error there, but i guess there weren't. Damn you, i won't be able to sleep tonight! :lol:

Raistlin1980 said:
Yes, i know what a summatory is. I just thought that there might be an error there, but i guess there weren't. Damn you, i won't be able to sleep tonight! :lol:
Mwuahahahahahaha! :p