Rank The Albums - Results!

I can see why Orchid ranked so low. It's a great debut, and some of the songs are there are really atmospheric and awesome to listen to... but parts of it are so amateur, it's hard to listen to esp. with knowing their future work. Morningrise was already a huge step up in terms of maturity.

Orchid for me has the most emotion. The whole album is so drenched in reverb, that the clean parts sound so majestic and atmospheric...something I wish Opeth would go back to. I suppose that was more of a "blackmetal" sound they had, with the reverbed vocals, distortion, interludes etc. Also they had a better drummer and more innovative bass player, so the music was more technical or "creative" including some improvisational and offtime sections. But when I listen to it, I get a more depressive feeling than any of the other Opeth albums. It has that doom metal, black metal, very melancholic feel, which I think Opeth excuted very well. It's like second nature to them.

Also they had a better drummer and more innovative bass player,

What a pile of BS.

First, Lopez owns Nordin in like..any regard. I don't care whether you liked Nordin's mediocre double bass more, Lopez has him beat.

Second, Akerfeldt is the problem. He played most bass (and wrote all of it) on Orchid. It's all Mikael's decision whether he wants to go back to that O & M - bass. If he doesn't, your problem. All the credit Nordin and Farfalla receive is not justified at all.
At least Mendez can play the things Mikael wrote for Orchid and Morningrise.
And saying Nordin is a better drummer than Lopez may very well be the most idiotic comment posted on this board.

Gunhaver said:
you sure typed a lot of words when you really only had to say "i'm an idiot." the drumming on orchid and morningrise is a complete disaster. thankfully it's not blast beats, or else the albums would be completely unlistenable. god i hate youwh

Perhaps your gluttony clogs your mind from thinking straight. Go watch baseballwh.

I'm personally fine with that, dreadful. And when it comes to bass, I think that it's even a fact.

Longinus said:
and i've realized in almost every post i've read there was always someone saying "this bored is shit".

Because it is mister ''how the hell do I spell board correctly'' . But it's unfortunately the biggest Opeth board and thus a must for any Opeth fan.

lol...you guys are funny

wwallinga said:
Well, being married, I tend not to focus on girls. I know who I'm screwing at the end of the day...

By the way - why is it assumed that if someone is good with numbers or takes the time to analyze something quantitatively that they are unable to attract the opposite sex? Do idiots get laid more? Do people who spend time finding pictures of fat kids for their signature lines get laid more? Maybe...

Sorry about typing Deliverance twice - I meant Damnation in the 7 spot.

Yeah, I am bored. I'm a math teacher, and it's summer vacation. Plus I just thought it might be nice to see the results tallied instead of reading 30+ lists.

Sure, I could have put it on the end of the other thread, but I'm a dirty, greedy, spotlight-hungry American. Deal with it.
Nice response. BTW what's your fav. by opeth?

tgo said:
I AGREE WITH MY ARMS YOUR HEARSE BEING FIRST BUT I THINK DELIVERANCE SHOULD BE LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BLACKWATER PARK IS OK.

I THINK YOUR CAPS LOCK IS BROKEN!!!111

anyways, it was a decent ranking, but i think morningrise, and orchid deserve higher.

it also bugs me how people think deliverance blows. I think it is one of Opeth's best albums, but just my opinion *shrug*

wwallinga said:
Yeah, I am bored. I'm a math teacher, and it's summer vacation. Plus I just thought it might be nice to see the results tallied instead of reading 30+ lists.

You are a math teacher, married and likes Opeth? How very uncool.

Looking for a Job said:
god look at me a year ago, praising MAYH and bashing orchid and morningrise :erk: how far i've come, although i was still a troll then, thank god

lmao

gunhaver1rs.jpg