Rare Books...

Towelie

A God in my own mind
Nov 15, 2001
Atlanta and Chicago
Visit site
As some of you know... I'm a writing major... and I've just gotten into collection rare and out of print books... does this intrest anyone else? To me, holding a book that was printed before 1900 is just an amazing feeling... it's been through so much... I just bought a first edition Edgar Allen Poe poetry book... i've seen it listed for as high as 500 bucks but I was able to obtain the copy for 45 bucks off ebay... i was so excited... now I've really gotten into collecting the rare occult books... it's a lotta fun

If you go back through the newsletters on toolband.com they talk a lot about obtaining extremely rare occult books (ie: Crowley's White Stain..). It's interesting, to say the least..

I was just getting into collecting old books before i lost my job. I was able to get a copy of Paradise Lost from 1890 with all the Gustave Dore art, it is awesome. I also bought a complete works of Shakespear from 1881, both from e bay. It will be a while before i have the money to continue collecting, unfortuantly.