rare prog from early 70s

illidurit said:
*Aerosol Grey Machine
cshl-shg2082103.jpg
:Smug:

House of Seance said:
you don't consider the vocals overbearing/corny in the least? it's not all the time, I liked Pilgrims... I mean the music is fine, but christ, every 5 seconds seems to be a big open mouth exaggerated vibrato yell

maybe it'll warm up to me or i'll appreciate it more some time in the future but honestly

what's with the genre comment btw?

p.s. I've only heard an album and a half of theirs so far

well its like saying you like baseball, but arent a big fan of "playoffs". i sure hope hes the only vocalist of the progressive greats you dislike. he IS an aquired taste, sure, but quite a good one. but no, i dont consider his vocals overbearing.

NineFeetUnderground said:
i sure hope hes the only vocalist of the progressive greats you dislike. he IS an aquired taste, sure, but quite a good one. but no, i dont consider his vocals overbearing.
yeah he is actually... anyway I'm gonna continue listening to different material of theirs tonight

illidurit said:
that's kinda how i always said it in my mind

The other day I found Gentle Giant - In A Glass House on vinyl for $20, though I wanted to save money so I decided not to get it. I'm sort of regretting it.

But instead I bought the Aphrodite's Child album "666".

So, I'm listening to the song "40,000 Headmen" by Blood, Sweat, and Tears, and thinking, could this be prog? I never would have thought it before, but on listening to more of their stuff, I find myself wondering.

Can B,S,&W be considered prog? If not, why not? Don't bother replying if you're only familiar with the classic rock radio stff they're famous for (like "Spinning Wheel").

soundave said:
So, I'm listening to the song "40,000 Headmen" by Blood, Sweat, and Tears, and thinking, could this be prog? I never would have thought it before, but on listening to more of their stuff, I find myself wondering.

Can B,S,&W be considered prog? If not, why not? Don't bother replying if you're only familiar with the classic rock radio stff they're famous for (like "Spinning Wheel").

Hi Dave, 40,000 headmen was originally recorded by the band "Traffic," in the late 60's...

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=33:bne09k5skrdt

Tis good. :)