Rate my Band

Music is actually never simple. It may sound simple......but the music is always (when i say always i am reffering to only sincere music, not commercialized music which we all know...is very simple) very reflecting of the person who wrote it, thats what it takes to be a good musician; the ability to see and hear things in both your music and the music of others that people who arent musically inclined couldn't hear. When some people listen to music...they just hear music, but for musicians, or for me at least, it goes much deeper than that, you hear the emotion and the time and the effort that goes into every note and every beat. The music in question lacks the ability to make me feel any of these things, it feels rushed and compromised.

Music is actually never simple. It may sound simple......but the music is always (when i say always i am reffering to only sincere music, not commercialized music which we all know...is very simple) very reflecting of the person who wrote it, thats what it takes to be a good musician; the ability to see and hear things in both your music and the music of others that people who arent musically inclined couldn't hear. When some people listen to music...they just hear music, but for musicians, or for me at least, it goes much deeper than that, you hear the emotion and the time and the effort that goes into every note and every beat. The music in question lacks the ability to make me feel any of these things, it feels rushed and compromised.

You have a very high opinion, of your own opinion. If you studied music theory you would know, those "emotional" bits you speak of are always planned. As for your comment on "commercialized music". Get your head out your ass son, the whole "fuck mainstream music" thing is so immature, and is usually only uttered by pretentious social outcasts.

Metal isn't unique. 95% of all music is the same.

You have a very high opinion, of your own opinion. If you studied music theory you would know, those "emotional" bits you speak of are always planned. As for your comment on "commercialized music". Get your head out your ass son, the whole "fuck mainstream music" thing is so immature, and is usually only uttered by pretentious social outcasts.

Metal isn't unique. 95% of all music is the same.

I'd actually go as far to say that these days "popular" music is more varied that it has ever been.

Especially at this point. Everything has already been done, now people are just doing the same things again with a different take on it. Every artist has had an influence who they have stolen ideas from.
A few bands try to diversify their music (since they don't have anything to create anymore) by adding various influences in it. Cynic added jazzy stuff to their death metal sound, and that was totally kickass. But there aren't so many out there. Every "new atomic original unheard" metal sound is boring as hell nowadays.

Something bands should really consider when calling themselves something "new and unique" is that they automatically pull up the people's expectations and if they fail to meet the expectations of the listeners they'll all baww as hell like riffman.

I completely agree with Cliff, Swabs, and Alex.

Something bands should really consider when calling themselves something "new and unique" is that they automatically pull up the people's expectations and if they fail to meet the expectations of the listeners they'll all baww as hell like riffman.

Also very much agree with this. Let the listener decide if they consider you unique.

All the musician/band can do is make the best music they can, and music they want to hear/play. The rest is largely beyond their control.

I said "simple" not "simplistic", meaning as an opposite to "complicated", not as an opposite to "deep". Most of the best-known music masterpieces are constructed using fairly simple techniques. Most music is simple, most popular music (metal included, mind you) is simplistic. Most metal is a simplified version of classical music XVI-XVIII century. :Smug:

All of these things are true......yet i still fell the same. i cant feel anything planned or not in said music.