Rate my Band

Because they are fans of Bodom, and think the people who post are also fans of Bodom.

I guess most people here made this mistake once. That's how they're here :lol:

And well yeah, I'm too lazy to find a working proxy to get through the "Great Firewall". Can't say I miss Utube much. Not having it surely saves a lot of time.

Yeah sorry man but I think your band is pretty bad. The vocals are awful in that they're not powerful, go between clean and harsh at insanely odd times and just don't fit at all. The drums are ok but sound pretty bad and seem kinda jumpy and not really keeping the beat. The bass is too loud and the guitars sound like they were recorded on a line 6 pod with no mixing to bring them forward at all. Also song titles are highly unoriginal and just too plain and simple, there's nothing to them at all. Calling a song Rock and roll or dance is just really lame. All your songs just sound like parts thrown together with insanely stupid and worthless lyrics.

How long have you guys been playing your instruments and making music? I think you should really just go practice more at your respective instruments, try to find a theme you want to write lyrics about or go out and learn about some stuff that interests you; once you're better at your instruments, have some good ideas for lyrics and listen to some metal bands and look at how they put together songs maybe you'll be able to make something better and you should come back to it then, right now it seems like you're just making a bad name for your band by putting a foul taste in peoples mouths when they see you live opening for bands like hammerfall; it'll be hard to replace a first impression when you do eventually get better and people see you in the future, they'll just think of you as that shitty band they've seen opening for big bands.

I'm not the master of all band related knowledge but I've been in a band writing music and dealing with all this stuff for long enough that I think I've got some ok points you should look into; your skill level and writing abilities remind me of when I was around 14 or 15 and just starting to write songs that were absolutely terrible but I thought they were good because I just didn't know and I was thrilled to be making my own music. Eventually you'll get better and not even realize it.

Well let's hear your stuff then shredmaster... My direction with this band was to make things simple dude. It's about having good times and rocking out.

And no, we are not looking to get signed.

And the hammerfall crowd dug us dude. One guy's testimony said our Trooper cover got more applause than all five opening acts.

Sounds like you people hear are just giving me a hard time deliberately. Or at least have a narrow range of appreciation for music. I guess if it's not trying to be super technical two guitarists and a growl singer then that means its bad. No offense guys but I've played in those bands before and can write riffs like that in my sleep. Trying somthing new.

Actually, this place is pretty much an extension of /b/, except without the cp.

I agree, /b/ is mostly pronz in general now. Every other thread is "post your ass", "post your boobs", or things like that. I'm about 75% sure that horney 13 - 16 year olds are what has taken over /b/ =/

Oh, and sorry guy, but you're band is terrible. :zombie:

I agree, /b/ is mostly pronz in general now. Every other thread is "post your ass", "post your boobs", or things like that. I'm about 75% sure that horney 13 - 16 year olds are what has taken over /b/ =/

Oh, and sorry guy, but you're band is terrible. :zombie:

Well at least Moot has done a step into the right direction by disabling the last 3 digits of the posts. (even though there are several scripts to unblock that stuff)

Sounds like you people hear are just giving me a hard time deliberately..

:lol: welcome to COBOT then?

Or at least have a narrow range of appreciation for music. I guess if it's not trying to be super technical two guitarists and a growl singer then that means its bad. No offense guys but I've played in those bands before and can write riffs like that in my sleep. Trying somthing new.

And congrats on making yourself look like a colossal jackass. Everyone here listens to metal, but if you had looked through any of the other threads you would notice that all of us appreciate just about every genre of music as long as it has some sort of talent, melody, or catchyness to it.

All 3 of which your band lacks =/

Well at least Moot has done a step into the right direction by disabling the last 3 digits of the posts. (even though there are several scripts to unblock that stuff)

Yeah, true, but I don't think it's going to get any better. /b/ is like COBOT though in that it was never really all that amazing anyways and people love to be on it's dick about how awesome it was. They both are good for some entertainment every now and then, but eh.

Yeah sorry man but I think your band is pretty bad. The vocals are awful in that they're not powerful, go between clean and harsh at insanely odd times and just don't fit at all. The drums are ok but sound pretty bad and seem kinda jumpy and not really keeping the beat. The bass is too loud and the guitars sound like they were recorded on a line 6 pod with no mixing to bring them forward at all. Also song titles are highly unoriginal and just too plain and simple, there's nothing to them at all. Calling a song Rock and roll or dance is just really lame. All your songs just sound like parts thrown together with insanely stupid and worthless lyrics.

How long have you guys been playing your instruments and making music? I think you should really just go practice more at your respective instruments, try to find a theme you want to write lyrics about or go out and learn about some stuff that interests you; once you're better at your instruments, have some good ideas for lyrics and listen to some metal bands and look at how they put together songs maybe you'll be able to make something better and you should come back to it then, right now it seems like you're just making a bad name for your band by putting a foul taste in peoples mouths when they see you live opening for bands like hammerfall; it'll be hard to replace a first impression when you do eventually get better and people see you in the future, they'll just think of you as that shitty band they've seen opening for big bands.

I'm not the master of all band related knowledge but I've been in a band writing music and dealing with all this stuff for long enough that I think I've got some ok points you should look into; your skill level and writing abilities remind me of when I was around 14 or 15 and just starting to write songs that were absolutely terrible but I thought they were good because I just didn't know and I was thrilled to be making my own music. Eventually you'll get better and not even realize it.

Okay found your Invection page... listening now to Derealization... no good hook whatsoever, singer sucks, mainly shouts.... first solos on, weak anticlimatic... overall the background riff is uninspired and boring, unoriginal...at least you wasted your money on a decent quality recording tho, second solo is fairly ripping, but seems like guitarists right hand is just moving really fast as he moves his fingers across a note in the scale... with a few arpeggios mixed in...

Stunted survival on now... intro was cool... this slayer riff sucks my balls tho. this is supposed to be new and original? this is basically just noise actually... another generic riff with some hammerones and pull offs in phrygian mode, another generic bay area thrash riff...

demented perception on now... oh god my ears hurt... the noise... ::cringe:: once again your singer proves he can't sing more than one note...

i can't take it anymore... overall the guitar work was pretty good, although the player seems to be stuck in that kerry king jeff hanneman style of just tremelo picking scales really fast...

Band scale = 00/1000000

No offense but you guys are pretty bad. :lol:

Wow, grow the fuck up. You asked for critique on your band, you got it. But instead of acting like an adult and taking it on board you decided to attack other people's music. Seriously, the whole "Oh let's see what you've got" response is fucking pathetic. And not only that, but you also tried to accuse us of having a "narrow" taste in music. Christ, this is the kind of shit I would expect from an 11 year old who's just been told his favourite Power Ranger is gay. Not an adult asking for critique.

Wow, grow the fuck up. You asked for critique on your band, you got it. But instead of acting like an adult and taking it on board you decided to attack other people's music. Seriously, the whole "Oh let's see what you've got" response is fucking pathetic. And not only that, but you also tried to accuse us of having a "narrow" taste in music. Christ, this is the kind of shit I would expect from an 11 year old who's just been told his favourite Power Ranger is gay. Not an adult asking for critique.

wow that's a good one, "we can trash you but you can't trash us...." great moral-ethical perspective, lol. how cute they like to dish it out but can't take it.

wow that's a good one, "we can trash you but you can't trash us...." great moral-ethical perspective, lol. how cute they like to dish it out but can't take it.

I'm pretty sure you asked for criticism and you got it. Don't be butthurt because you're band is bad. I don't recall him saying "Oh hey, go be a creeper and look up my band"

He gave you an opinion that was very true and you couldn't deal with it. By any chance are you the 40 year old looking balding guitar player in the video?

I'm pretty sure you asked for criticism and you got it. Don't be butthurt because you're band is bad. I don't recall him saying "Oh hey, go be a creeper and look up my band"

He gave you an opinion that was very true and you couldn't deal with it. By any chance are you the 40 year old looking balding guitar player in the video?

lol, well no offense, but if you talk like you guys you better be prepared to be able to back it up or it's going to come right back at you tenfold. quite hilarious frankly... "creeper" by looking up his band? HELLO!!! it was right there in his signature!!! ROTFLMFAO!!!! :lol:

:puke: Invection

That's not the case at all, the sad fact is that the only reason you are attacking other people's bands is because you're an immature pussy who can't take it when people negatively criticize his generic metal band.

Regardless of whether people "dish it out but can't take it" (Which by the way, makes no fucking sense as none of the people you've criticized have lowered their dignity enough to respond to you) you asked for critique. You got it. And it turns out that the people here think your music is generic, unoriginal, boring and shit. Instead of whining like a little bitch and trying to criticize everyone else, just take the criticism on the chin and grow up.

Christ, why the hell am I even bothering with this? You've made it quite clear from your previous posts that you're obviously just naturally an utter cunt.

lol, well no offense, but if you talk like you guys you better be prepared to be able to back it up or it's going to come right back at you tenfold. quite hilarious frankly... "creeper" by looking up his band? HELLO!!! it was right there in his signature!!! ROTFLMFAO!!!! :lol:

:puke: Invection

Dude, half of the people on this forum could outplay you smacking their dick on the strings. He was giving you constructive criticism and you're getting pissed and pulling out what little hair you have left. He's a younger guy and his music sounds better than yours does when you have to be pushing 40 something easily. By the time he is your age he will most likely be 3 times the musician you are.

That's not the case at all, the sad fact is that the only reason you are attacking other people's bands is because you're an immature pussy who can't take it when people negatively criticize his generic metal band.

Regardless of whether people "dish it out but can't take it" (Which by the way, makes no fucking sense as none of the people you've criticized have lowered their dignity enough to respond to you) you asked for critique. You got it. And it turns out that the people here think your music is generic, unoriginal, boring and shit. Instead of whining like a little bitch and trying to criticize everyone else, just take the criticism on the chin and grow up.

Christ, why the hell am I even bothering with this? You've made it quite clear from your previous posts that you're obviously just naturally an utter cunt.

lol lol, i made these posts in the last 5-10 minutes, no one had time to respond moron!!!! and nowhere in my post does it say I asked for "critique" per se. I think you are the immature one... cuz you talk shit but can't back it up and whine like a little baby when it comes back to you... go to your room and cry some more.:cry:

Dude, half of the people on this forum could outplay you smacking their dick on the strings. He was giving you constructive criticism and you're getting pissed and pulling out what little hair you have left. He's a younger guy and his music sounds better than yours does when you have to be pushing 40 something easily. By the time he is your age he will most likely be 3 times the musician you are.

well lets hear it guys!!! thus far you have shown me you can talk the talk... but u haven't seen the walking the walk!!!

lol lol, i made these posts in the last 5-10 minutes, no one had time to respond moron!!!! and nowhere in my post does it say I asked for "critique" per se. I think you are the immature one... cuz you talk shit but can't back it up and whine like a little baby when it comes back to you... go to your room and cry some more.:cry:

Hahaha. Wow, you don't know what the word "critique" means do you? What the fuck do you mean "can't back it up"? This is my fucking opinion: Your band is shit, you're a cunt. There's enough evidence in this thread to "back that up".

Hey guys!!! I love bodom, Alexi is one of my number one, if not THE number on influence on my playing. I'm not quite as good as him yet but am getting better check out my bands song "Rock&Roll" being performed live opening for Hammerfall in Cleveland, OH. Name of the band is INSIGNIA by the way, more content is available in the links in my signature. Thanks a lot!!!:headbang:

nope... don't see the word "critique" anywhere....:lol:

"Rate my band" in other words "What do you think of my band?" in other words "Give positive/negative criticism on my band". To give your opinion of something, to rate something, to comment on something, is to give critique.

Wow, I knew you were a prick but I didn't expect to have to give a vocabulary lesson. I apologize, I didn't mean to confuse your simple little head with my "big fancy words".