Rate my sound please (constructive criticism appreciated)

Guitarbene

New Metal Member
Mar 12, 2012
Hey folks,

it's been a while and i decided to renew all my settings and i just started from the scratch! Here's what it turned out to, feel free to give me your honest opinion on it (especially in terms of production, but i'm also open for critics in terms of arrangement)

Cheers

//edit: oh sorry, wrong forum... can anyone please move it to the subsection "Production"? Or can I do that myself somehow and just don't see it??

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds good! The digital track is a little loud for my taste.....but it's just a taste thing.....I like the guitars more in your face and the tracks adding size/space to the mix.
Toms are a little plastic to me....

But great job! Better than a lot of "rate my mix" you hear

Thanks man :) Do you have any concrete suggestions on how to bring the guitars more "in your face" and adding space?

Great track! I agree with Evilcleatus about the synth. But again, just a matter of taste. Sounds great!

I'd start by lowering the synth some...this will automatically allow the guitar to be more present....and then maybe just bump the gtrs by 1 or 2 dbs to start....see how it sounds.

What I meant by adding space was that I use synth tracks deeper in the mix...this adds the "big" sound so the mix isnt so dry. I often use guitar tracks with a lot of effects to do this as well.