Rate the Nokturnal Mortum albums...

Krilons Resa

Jerry's married?!
Nov 7, 2002
Inside dorian's gym bag.
This is from what I have heard but don't hold me to it.

NeChrist > To The Gates of Blasphemous Fire > Goat Horns > The Taste of Victory > Lunar Poetry

* I haven't heard Marble Moon or Return of The Vampire Lord yet.

* This is tough and the 1st two and 2nd two are pretty interchangeable.

For some reason I thought we had this thread already...

in any case this list is for right now and is subject to change in the next 5 minutes:

1. The Taste of Victory
2. NeChrist
3. Return of the Vampire Lord/Marble Moon
4. Goat Horns
5. Lunar Poetry
6. To The Gates Of Blasphemous Fire
I haven't heard Twilightfall

Even though they're ranked this way, all NM albums are fucking brilliant so the margin between each ranking is thin.

I've got 7 NM albums, and rank 'em thusly:

1. Goat Horns
2. Taste of Victory
3. Lunar Poetry
4. Nechrist
5. Twilightfall
6. To the Gates of Blasphemous Fire
7. Return of the Vampire Lord/Marble Moon (though this has a brilliant Graveland cover)

THis ranking could change, because i haven't given the lower ranked albums near as many listens as the higher ranked ones. Awesome band.

Based on what I've heard...

1. Lunar Poetry

... yea, I should probably pick up some more of this band, considering I like this one and people seem to consider it one of the weaker albums... though it was originally only a demo, aye?

1.To The Gates Of Blasphemous Fire
2.Nechrist
3.Lunar Poetry
4.Goat Horns

Don't have TTOV

1. NeChrist
2. The taste of victory
3. Goathorns
4. Lunar Poetry
5. To the gates of blasphemous fire
6. Return of the vampire lord/Marble moon

I love the atmosphere of Goathorns and that one would probably be number 1 if they've had more real instruments and better sounding guitar and drums... Oh, by the way, was it not mentioned somewhere that NM would rerecord Unholy Orathania for Weltanshauung?

We did have this thread, the "WHEN IN THE NAME OF UNHOLY FUCK IS WELTANSCHAUUNG COMING?" turned into this eventually. Copy/pasting from there:

Goat Horns > The Taste... > Nechrist > To The Gates... > ROTVL / Marble Moon > Lunar Poetry

These are NM's best songs:

1. Kuyaviya
2. Unholy Orathania
3. Perun's Celestial Silver

Steele eagle said:
I love the atmosphere of Goathorns and that one would probably be number 1 if they've had more real instruments and better sounding guitar and drums... Oh, by the way, was it not mentioned somewhere that NM would rerecord Unholy Orathania for Weltanshauung?
Yes, and Kuyaviya too I think?

NicodemiX said:
yes, 'twas a demo, I love how you can hear serious imperfections from the master tape on the CD
Master tape? More like "regular cassette"... Not very good work by The End there. At least they could have removed the fucking tape hiss. Thinking of doing it myself.

Fav NM songs :
1.On The Moonlight Path
2.Veles' Scrolls
3.The Funeral... / Black Raven

Erik said:
Yes, and Kuyaviya too I think?

That would rule! :headbang:

But I'm also a little worried that there won't be so many new songs? We've already heard three on "The taste of victory" and they are all pretty long, if we also add Unholy Orathania and Kuyavia it does not seem to be very much room for brand new material? (There were also talk about them covering a song from Screwdriver but maybe that was for some split or so...)

Erik said:
We did have this thread, the "WHEN IN THE NAME OF UNHOLY FUCK IS WELTANSCHAUUNG COMING?" turned into this eventually. Copy/pasting from there:

Goat Horns > The Taste... > Nechrist > To The Gates... > ROTVL / Marble Moon > Lunar Poetry

These are NM's best songs:

1. Kuyaviya
2. Unholy Orathania
3. Perun's Celestial Silver

Shit! No wonder I couldn't find it through search. Fuck it, they need another thread anyway. :p

1. Goat Horns and NeChrist (I cant pick a #1!)
2. Lunar Poetry
3. The Taste of Victory (ALMOST number 2)
4. ROTVL / Marble Moon
5. To the Gates...
6. I haven't heard Twilightfall, but I hear mixed things. I love NM, but I think I might actually prefer to download this one first.

Erik said:
Master tape? More like "regular cassette"... Not very good work by The End there. At least they could have removed the fucking tape hiss. Thinking of doing it myself.

well yeah, by master tape, I meant that they did use a regular cassette for a master. but yeah, that's right. I'm probably confusing terms here.

Something like this

1. The taste of victory
2. Goat horns
3. Lunar Poetry
4. ROTVL/Marble moon
5. To the gates of blasphemous fire
6. Nechrist
7. Twilightfall