Rate these songs out of 10

En Vind Av Sorg said:
Opeth - Deliverance: 7/10 (2nd half of the song is perfection)
Second half of "Deliverance" is indeed fucking outstanding. And yes, seeing it live is just incredible, especially since it has that 'build up' before they go into the start-stop riff exchange.

Harvester of Sorrow - 8/10
Iron Man - 8.5/10
Deliverance - 7.5/10
22 Acacia Avenue - 9.5/10
South of Heaven - 7/10

Anybody who has not heard Number of the Beast and voted Black Sabbath in the "Maiden vs. Sabbath' thread just got their vote revoked. :p

Metallica - Harvester of Sorrow(7/10)
Black Sabbath - Iron Man(6/10)
Opeth - Deliverance(5/10)
Iron Maiden - 22 Acacia Avenue(never heard)
Slayer - South of Heaven(6/10)

Metallica - Harvester of Sorrow - 7 - one of the weak tracks
Black Sabbath - Iron Man - 5 - I agree, enough already, yet it is still a classic. But tired of hearing it.
Opeth - Deliverance - 10 - perfection. I love the last few minutes. Gives me goosebumps.
Iron Maiden - 22 Acacia Avenue - 7 - not their best song, but at least it is maiden, and better then anything else.
Slayer - South of Heaven 7 - good song, but can get repetitive.

evil c.

I'm listening Deliverance right now, I'm going give it another chance, maybe my rating will go up. I haven't listened to it since it came out.

Obviously all the songs on ...And Justice For All suffered from "...And Justice For All syndrome", in that they should have been 4 minutes long but weren't. Deliverance goes on about seventy hours longer than it should. Iron Man got boring. There's only one good song on that Iron Maiden album and it's not that one. South of Heaven is Slayer past their best. Can't be bothered to give them scores.

Metallica - Harvester of Sorrow 3
Black Sabbath - Iron Man 1
Opeth - Deliverance 10 (favorite Opeth song)
Iron Maiden - 22 Acacia Avenue 6
Slayer - South of Heaven 2