Votes: 8 28.6%
  • pretty awesome

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • meh...

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • sucks

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters
Ratt's great. I loved Detonator - that album should have been huge. I went with Pretty awesome, as they certainly weren't Slik Toxik, but better than Poison. :)

By the way, welcome to the board. Glad to see we've got another Skid fan! :headbang:

Ratt played an important part in my musical upbringing in the 80s ... I loved Invasion of your Privacy and Out of the Cellar ... and tawny kitean ;p. The first RATT song I ever heard was Your in Love ... I was.

Yup, pretty big fan here. Got into them pretty early too, around the summer of '84. It helped that Warren DeMartini is just awesome..... The EP and the first 3 albums are legendary, IMO.

Lost a little interest around Reach For The Sky. With all the thrash coming out at that time, stuff like Way Cool Jr. seemed kinda lame, but Detonator was a great album, and I too have never understood why it wasn't huge.

Saw them 3 times:

9/14/84 - opening for Billy Squier (OOTC tour)
12/14/90 - Detonator tour. All my friends went to Priest at the Meadowlands in NJ. I went to this at L'amour in Brooklyn, and was pretty damn glad I did.
7/3/97 - I don't think Crosby played on this tour, but it was cool anyway. Another small club (in NJ this time) and another great show.

I wasn't too impressed with some of the live clips I've seen from this tour, but there is still a chance I'll go see them 7/28 in NJ.....and hightail it out of there before Poison hits the stage. :puke:

Ratt's great. I loved Detonator - that album should have been huge.

By the way, welcome to the board. Glad to see we've got another Skid fan! :headbang:

Love that album too...
They really weren't and aren't great. I think they got about as much attention as they deserved. That's why they are opening for Poison and not
closing the show. All you need by Ratt aside from Detonator is their best of album. They weren't very consistent, Detonator being the exception to the rule....

warren demartini was my favorite part of that band.

i saw them in a burger king here in P.A. 20 years ago, it was funny cause my friend goes...."hey , dont that guy look like stephen pearcy?"..remmember bandanna on and ripped jeans was a popular look in the day...i wasnt sure until i look and then i see that robin crosby comin thru the door also, tour bus in the parking lot..im like " yea thats him", we didnt bother to go up and kiss ass for an autograph, warren didnt come in and we didnt have any girls around for them to steal anyway...lol:)

I REALLY tried to like this band - Actually bought 2 of the CDs in the 90's. I can't say 'they suck' because they are likely talented musicians - I just can't stand them. Oh well.

Love that album too...
They really weren't and aren't great. I think they got about as much attention as they deserved. That's why they are opening for Poison and not
closing the show. All you need by Ratt aside from Detonator is their best of album. They weren't very consistent, Detonator being the exception to the rule....

actually i'd say greatest hits, first 2 albums and 1999 self titled. greatest hits has 5 songs from detonator.

i saw them open for poison, they kicked ass

I cant vote because the categories jump from meh to pretty awesome...
Average band with some memorable, cool tunes

There should have been a good but not great selection on the poll. For the era, they really shone over most "hair" bands. I still like them ok, but to me, they haven't held up well over time.

Bryant

I had the EP once upon a time...before Out of the Cellar came out (I discovered the EP after reading a small write-up in Hit Parader). We played the hell outta that EP (and were mesmerized by Tawny Kitaen's legs). I remember the day Out of the Cellar came out, I was ecstatic and right there at the record store waiting for them to unpack it from the box.

My friends and I used to play Ratt at parties all the time back then, but people kept wrinkling their noses like some farted and whining, "I don't like this. Put on some AC/DC!"

Then Round and Round hit MTV rotation, quickly followed by our local radio stations. Next thing you know, we couldn't get away from Ratt. It was all over MTV, radio AND PARTIES (same people who had previously disregarded the band). By the time the second album came out I was so sick of them I couldn't stand to hear a note.

I recently snagged a copy of Out of the Cellar though, and it was quite refreshing to hear again now that 25 years have passed by.

As far as the hair metal genre goes, Ratt is definitely one of my favorites. "You Think You're Tough","Round and Round","Lack of Communication","She Wants Money","Wanted Man","Lay It Down","You're In Love","Body Talk","I Want A Woman","Lovin' You Is A Dirty Job", "Nobody Rides For Free", etc. All great tunes.

Cinderella and Ratt were pretty much on par when they both started out. Cinderella's first two albums and Ratt's first three (incl EP) were both great rocking efforts. Cinderella went into a more bluesy direction after that while Ratt stuck to their Hair guns.