RC gathering at Heathen Crusade

OK, that's quite a gathering so far.

I have a room booked, but it's likely I'll ditch it and share with Jason. I'll hang on to it for as long as possible before cancelling in case one of you mofo's need it.

-- Alistair McKeeley

General Zod said:
Sorry Bro... I'm passing this year. This line-up just doesn't do it for me. I'll buy a 2-day pass to help support the festival (because it's something I want to see continue), but I'm not travelling to Minnesota in January when there's not a single band on the bill I had heard of prior to their announcement, save Bal-Sagoth (who I don't like).

Zod

Nevermore has just beeen Added. Bro, this is a can;t miss event. :kickass:

The fact that the majority of the bands on the card are lesser known acts, appeals to me much more than had they loaded it with a bunch of national acts. We already have Giganturd. Bands such as Nevermore, Behemoth, Amon Amarth, so forth, come around on what seems like a monthly basis. Give me smaller scale bands where I have to email the trombone player for a copy of their full-length. I have been quite laxed on checking out new bands as of late, I need a festival like this to open up my eyes to up and coming talent like Hordes of Yore, Dark Forest, Gwensgoingbald.

the only band I like in that lineup is Gwendolynsblade :loco: ... and them I can catch local.

although it must be said that I would really like to meet some of you ... do some naked wrestling with J :loco: ... and laugh at spear chuckers with RIA

Reign in Acai said:
The fact that the majority of the bands on the card are lesser known acts, appeals to me much more than had they loaded it with a bunch of national acts. We already have Giganturd. Bands such as Nevermore, Behemoth, Amon Amarth, so forth, come around on what seems like a monthly basis.

Overground.

Give me smaller scale bands where I have to email the trombone player for a copy of their full-length. I have been quite laxed on checking out new bands as of late, I need a festival like this to open up my eyes to up and coming talent like Hordes of Yore, Dark Forest, Gwensgoingbald.

Underground.

Thing that gets me is that there are approx 10 acts coming in from around the globe, as far as Singapore, and these HC guys still manage to keep the tickets at $55 for the 2 days.

Surely that needs to become the benchmark for US festivals.

Reign in Acai said:
The fact that the majority of the bands on the card are lesser known acts, appeals to me much more than had they loaded it with a bunch of national acts. We already have Giganturd. Bands such as Nevermore, Behemoth, Amon Amarth, so forth, come around on what seems like a monthly basis. Give me smaller scale bands where I have to email the trombone player for a copy of their full-length.
My problem with this line-up has nothing to do with how underground or overground this festival. My only issue is with the bands that were chosen. There are a number of bands, of similar status, that would have gotten me to Minnesota in January.

Zod

Reign in Acai said:
The fact that the majority of the bands on the card are lesser known acts, appeals to me much more than had they loaded it with a bunch of national acts. We already have Giganturd. Bands such as Nevermore, Behemoth, Amon Amarth, so forth, come around on what seems like a monthly basis. Give me smaller scale bands where I have to email the trombone player for a copy of their full-length. I have been quite laxed on checking out new bands as of late, I need a festival like this to open up my eyes to up and coming talent like Hordes of Yore, Dark Forest, Gwensgoingbald.

I can see where you're coming from as well as where Greg is comin' from. It's great that there's plenty of lesser known acts appearing but I would have liked to see a couple more big names appear on the bill. Not bands like Amon Amarth, Behemoth, etc. But perhaps a band like Finntroll, Korpiklaani, Helheim, Falkenbach, Ensiferum, etc.

Either way, I'm totally stoked for HCII and the lineup is looking pretty badass.

:kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

Climb Thar Hill said:
But perhaps a band like Finntroll, Korpiklaani, Helheim, Falkenbach, Ensiferum, etc.

Either way, I'm totally stoked for HCII and the lineup is looking pretty badass.

:kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

We understand what you are saying and we would have liked to have at least one of those bands too. But it is not as easy as it sounds. We talked with a number of them and some could not/would not do it and with others it was just too expensive to fly them over (flights from Finland are the most expensive of all for some reason). Maybe it'll work out for next year.

How can flights from Finland be more than flights from Singapore?

Oh I get it.....the only way Rudra get to play is if they sail over. They're probably hiding out on some freight ship as we speak. :lol:

General Zod said:
Sorry Bro... I'm passing this year. This line-up just doesn't do it for me. I'll buy a 2-day pass to help support the festival (because it's something I want to see continue), but I'm not travelling to Minnesota in January when there's not a single band on the bill I had heard of prior to their announcement, save Bal-Sagoth (who I don't like).

Zod

Maybe if Quorthon hadn't of died and he would play HCII, eh?

To me, honestly, on paper, HCII crushes HCI. That's not to say Primordial, Moonsorrow, Thyrfing, and The Chasm are slouches. Quite the contrary, but those bands are big enough to be taken out on a full tour support slot or even headliner such as Primordial. Moonsorrow and Thyrfing are cool, but I only enjoy them on occasion.

But Rudra, Obtest, the mighty Bal Sagoth, Mael Mordha, Manegarm, Skyforger, Vried....my oh my. Im even curious as to SLough Feg.

Hopefully funds will be in order by then.

kupshi said:
We understand what you are saying and we would have liked to have at least one of those bands too. But it is not as easy as it sounds. We talked with a number of them and some could not/would not do it and with others it was just too expensive to fly them over (flights from Finland are the most expensive of all for some reason). Maybe it'll work out for next year.

My comment was not a knock against you. I think you guys are doing one fucking helluva job with the Heathen Crusade. I know I'd probably never be able to organize a metal fest with the quality you guys are doing, let alone for two years straight. Kudos to you, my good man! I'm a full-time student and work part-time but I'm scraping together every last bit of cash to check out HCII :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: