Re-Entry and loaning?

jtm288

New Metal Member
Dec 3, 2018
So, this is my first ProgPower, and most shows I go to have a strict no re-entry policy. Browsing this forum, it seems things may be different here? I have a friend who really wants to see a set that I might be able to do without, but didn't get a chance to get a ticket. While it seems likely that a second-hand ticket may eventually be available, in the case that there wasn't, is it possible to loan them a ticket for that set and then trade back for the end of the night?

Does the show primarily use the paper ticket, or is the ticket exchanged for some sort of badge? I know there are "Gold Badges" but not sure about the regular tickets.

Your ticket gets scanned and you have reentry. BUT you will get a stamp on your hand. Giving your ticket to a friend to see one set is SUCH A NO NO. That's how you get banned. Your friend needs to buy a ticket from someone for that one day. End of story,

OK thanks, I was a little confused at the policy so I’m glad to have that cleared up.

So, this is my first ProgPower, and most shows I go to have a strict no re-entry policy. Browsing this forum, it seems things may be different here? I have a friend who really wants to see a set that I might be able to do without, but didn't get a chance to get a ticket. While it seems likely that a second-hand ticket may eventually be available, in the case that there wasn't, is it possible to loan them a ticket for that set and then trade back for the end of the night?

Does the show primarily use the paper ticket, or is the ticket exchanged for some sort of badge? I know there are "Gold Badges" but not sure about the regular tickets.

(1) Yes there is reentry. You can come and go at any time as long as you get a hand stamp. I'd keep the ticket with you too.
(2) There are traditional tickets, tickets you can print on your printer, and (I believe) tickets you can store on your phone.
(3) There are usually tickets that can be purchased from people who cannot make the festival. Look for a tickets for sale thread that Glenn usually pins to the top the closer we get to the festival. I don't see it yet.
(4) Gold badges are of limited supply. Think of them as you would a PSL. There is a waiting list to get one, but sometime a gold badge holder cannot make it to the festival & will sell it for that year. (See #3 above.)
(5) If you choose to go grab some food during a set you don't care about, check out Vespucci's and Sausalito West Coast Grill - both only a block away from Center Stage

(5) If you choose to go grab some food during a set you don't care about, check out Vespucci's and Sausalito West Coast Grill - both only a block away from Center Stage

Just as a note, Sausalito's shut down after the last ProgPower. (He actually kept it open for us.) Ernesto said he is going to reopen in another building nearby that was under construction. Hopefully that will happen by next year.

Reactions: Mardoch