Real 'Ghost Reveries' cover (not the shed one)

i doubt it is the album cover but its fucking cool no matter what.. it is an identikit opeth album cover though i must admit.. but i love their imagery.. i would kiss mikael.. twice

Well, they said that they were really influenced by japanese horror movies in the last couple of years, so they ended up with the "ghost" concept, and they also create the artwork based on that...

opethGhost.jpg

Can't get anymore Death metal than this.

I guess the girl from The Ring had a heavy headbanging orgy just before the pic was taken.

Whoever did that coverart - I applaud you. Very, VERY well done, for sure. The fact the logo was at the bottom made me believe it wasn't the real deal, and the way it was layed out with the title of the album. Kinda cluttered. BUT, if it was for real, honestly, it would make a brilliant cover and one i'd think is one of opeth's best.

Red+Black, kinda what I have mentioned in my past thread. Definitely good choice of colours.

Also, I'll say this, the cover actually makes the name of the album stand out all the more (didn't think much of the title before until seeing the image accompanied with it.)

Thanks. Blackwater Park has a similar logo+album title layout (except up top), which is why I thought it would work.

true, true, but it is at the top.

MAN, if you did the logo layout exactly like on Blackwater Park or even Still Life (my favorite logo positioning) you would most-likely have fooled everyone.

The contrast of the sky is fucking amazing btw (i'm into that kinda shit myself)...I would have darkened the sky up a bit near the top that way you could have placed the "logo/wording" at the top and have it more visible.