Brand new Ghost Reveries CD is fucked up and defective

Advent1

Feb 19, 2006
usa
Some asshole broke into my car and stole about 10 of my CDs, so I went out to buy some of them again.

The Ghost Reveries CD is really fucked up, the cover doesnt say "Opeth" or "Ghost Reveries", it is just the picture of the candles and is dark everywhere else where it should list the title. I couldnt see it until I opened it because the assholes at Best Buy decided to put a big sticker over the left half of the CD.

Secondly, the CD doesnt fucking play. I tried it in my car and on a computer and on a small stereo. The CD itself is completely black and you cant read any of the titles at all.

Is this part of the re-issue mistake or something? I had to pick up Deliverance and Damnation again too. Im hesitant to open them because they might be fucked up as well. The pricks will probably say I cant return them once theyre opened

Did this happen to anyone else?

Um... Ghost Reveries hasn't been re-issued (yet)... my copy doesn't have the band name or album name on the cover either, and you can only see the track list in certain lights. I got it on the day it came out. It plays fine though... Anyway i'm pretty sure its just different countries pressings of the album differ slightly...

Take it back if it doesn't play. Deliverance is fine apart from the fact that the disc is white (?!?!?!?), has the typo, and has sony bmg plastered all over it.

FuneralPortrait said:
Um... Ghost Reveries hasn't been re-issued (yet)... my copy doesn't have the band name or album name on the cover either, and you can only see the track list in certain lights. I got it on the day it came out. It plays fine though... Anyway i'm pretty sure its just different countries pressings of the album differ slightly...

Take it back if it doesn't play. Deliverance is fine apart from the fact that the disc is white (?!?!?!?), has the typo, and has sony bmg plastered all over it.

Is that normal to not have the names on the cover then? Im pretty sure that when I bought it last September it said Opeth in the top left corner, and Ghost Reveries in the bottom corner. either that or Im retarded and cant remember.

I checked that actually on Deliverance, there was no typo for "A Fair Judgement." and the CD was black.

Also the Blackwater Park disc was white, I honestly dont remember but is that the original color? This was the original BWP I bought today too, not the edition with Still Day Beneath the Sun and Patterns in the Ivy II

Goddamn thiefs, they ripped out my car CD player, but I dont know why they stole my CDs, I doubt they even listen to Opeth, they just want them to re-sell I guess.

GR doesn't have the band name or the title on the cover. The copy I have was purchased last year when it came out so....

and you should be able to return that CD and get at the very least a full exchange since it's defective.

I have the same copy as you and it works, try returning it back and don't let the assholes tell you you can't, cause if I bought a CD that didn't work I would be pissed too.

Powers said:
Damm that crafty Opeth.

yeah o_O but i did get mine almost on the day it was released from a local record store, i probably have a dodgy copy :lol:

all_sins_undone said:
rolfrolfrolfrolfrolf
Rolling on the laughing floor? Is that some sort of metaphorical riddle?

And my GR doesn't have the name or title on the cover, either.

If it doesn't work, bring it back, and tell them it doesn't play. Put it in one of the hundreds of CD players they have on display if they don't believe you. If it doesn't work, free CD. If it does, then the intro to GoP will probably scare the shit out of the sales guy. It's a win-win situation.

abcdefg said:
Some asshole broke into my car and stole about 10 of my CDs, so I went out to buy some of them again.

The Ghost Reveries CD is really fucked up, the cover doesnt say "Opeth" or "Ghost Reveries", it is just the picture of the candles and is dark everywhere else where it should list the title. I couldnt see it until I opened it because the assholes at Best Buy decided to put a big sticker over the left half of the CD.

Secondly, the CD doesnt fucking play. I tried it in my car and on a computer and on a small stereo. The CD itself is completely black and you cant read any of the titles at all.

Is this part of the re-issue mistake or something? I had to pick up Deliverance and Damnation again too. Im hesitant to open them because they might be fucked up as well. The pricks will probably say I cant return them once theyre opened

Did this happen to anyone else?
Well, at least your cd works. Amiright