Brand new Ghost Reveries CD is fucked up and defective

Something doesn't add up.

abcdefg said:
Secondly, the CD doesnt fucking play. I tried it in my car and on a computer and on a small stereo. The CD itself is completely black and you cant read any of the titles at all.

abcdefg said:
Goddamn thiefs, they ripped out my car CD player, but I dont know why they stole my CDs, I doubt they even listen to Opeth, they just want them to re-sell I guess.

Disasters apprentices said:
Mine copy is signed by everybody but lopez.

Ooops, i just owned you all.

Mine is signed by everyone INCLUDING Lopez...owned/

Mine is signed by everyone including John DeFarfalla and Anders Nordin and Dave Isberg and Steve Wilson and Nick Doring and all the members of Camel and Nick Drake and Popol Vuh and Morbid Angel and Black Water Park.

So ha.

Pee double you enn dee.

How d'ya like them apples!

:p

LadyValerie said:
Something doesn't add up.

maybe it doesn't work on his car because he hasn't figured out that the steering wheel does NOT play CD's.

The only deffective thing here is his brain. :zombie:

abcdefg said:
Some asshole broke into my car and stole about 10 of my CDs, so I went out to buy some of them again.
That's why I always make copies of my CDs and only use the copies in my car (That's one reason why I hate copy protected CDs and avoid buying the CD if it's copy protected. That and my ipod).
abcdefg said:
The Ghost Reveries CD is really fucked up, the cover doesnt say "Opeth" or "Ghost Reveries", it is just the picture of the candles and is dark everywhere else where it should list the title. I couldnt see it until I opened it because the assholes at Best Buy decided to put a big sticker over the left half of the CD.
Mine is like that too. I bought it in Sweden though. I've never seen it with the band name and album name on the cover over here. I have seen stickers though.
abcdefg said:
Secondly, the CD doesnt fucking play. I tried it in my car and on a computer and on a small stereo. The CD itself is completely black and you cant read any of the titles at all.

Is this part of the re-issue mistake or something? I had to pick up Deliverance and Damnation again too. Im hesitant to open them because they might be fucked up as well. The pricks will probably say I cant return them once theyre opened

Did this happen to anyone else?
Like everybody else said, go ahead and return it, since it's a defective disc. They'll HAVE to replace it.

ok so I took it back and said it didnt work, I tried it several times, etc. The guy tried ti on one of the computers at the store, and it did in fact work, but they said theyll give me a new copy anyways in exchange for the previous one.

and when the guy put it in and GoP came on he was startled after the opening line,

him: :eek: oh i see we'll get you a new copy
me: err, its supposed to sound like that
him: oh ok :lol:

I wondering what type of person goes to the forum and complains about his cd not working, when the stupid fuck should be in the place where he bought it complaining.

That is all

shanky said:
Rolling on the laughing floor? Is that some sort of metaphorical riddle?

And my GR doesn't have the name or title on the cover, either.

If it doesn't work, bring it back, and tell them it doesn't play. Put it in one of the hundreds of CD players they have on display if they don't believe you. If it doesn't work, free CD. If it does, then the intro to GoP will probably scare the shit out of the sales guy. It's a win-win situation.

I concur. :headbang:

abcdefg said:
Some asshole broke into my car and stole about 10 of my CDs, so I went out to buy some of them again.

The Ghost Reveries CD is really fucked up, the cover doesnt say "Opeth" or "Ghost Reveries", it is just the picture of the candles and is dark everywhere else where it should list the title. I couldnt see it until I opened it because the assholes at Best Buy decided to put a big sticker over the left half of the CD.

Is this part of the re-issue mistake or something? I had to pick up Deliverance and Damnation again too. Im hesitant to open them because they might be fucked up as well. The pricks will probably say I cant return them once theyre opened

Did this happen to anyone else?

I liked your joke threads better when you were from Finland.